User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone figured out how to wireless bridge to the campground wireless or house wireless? Also, has anyone managed to replace the Lippert AP with their own?
    Because Togo has a bridging option, I can do this. When I'm home, I bridge my Togo to my home wireless, I can control the RV just fine that way too. It doesn't care WHAT the Internet connection is on the WAN port (Wifi, Cellular, LAN, etc), just that it's there. No luck on the AP, and I don't think I'd try that, that AP has "brains" in it, I think, for the communication back to Lippert for controlling the RV. I don't know that for sure, but looking at the components, that's the most likely spot (IMHO) for them to put the "phone home" to get commands from the app.

Overtaxed. Does your Togo solution allow you to do wifioverWAN with the campground if you want too or only 4g?
    As mentioned above, both. It doesn't matter to OneControl at all, all it needs to know is "where to send the packet" (which, in my case, is the local address of the Togo router), once the packet gets there, it doesn't matter at all how it makes it to Lippert. So you can do Wifi to Wifi bridging (using a campground, for example) or Wifi to Cellular bridging. I've tried and used both, they both work just fine and let me remotely control the rig.

One really stupid thing, I actually had my phone "forget" the SSID of the Togo because the app is HORRIBLE and will always drop Wifi if it's NOT on the "my_RV" SSID. Whatever, I don't care that much, just connect to that SSID, it knows how to route to the Internet (again, just send a packet towards the Togo), and works fine too.

The other thing I don't understand is how you connect to onecontrol remotely from the app. How does the app know your Togo public IP or does it use DNS to connect remotely? I guess the connect anywhere is registering its host name with internet dns and our app knows the host name?
    The quick version is, "you don't have to worry about it". The longer answer, it's not a connection from your phone to the public IP of your Togo. The ConnectAnywhere components in the rig make a connection to Lippert, AND your phone makes a connection to Lippert. When you send a command, the command goes from your phone to Lippert and then your OneControl components in the rig "pick up" the command from Lippert and execute them. It "feels like" you're connected to it directly, but, from looking at the traffic, it doesn't actually work that way, it's through Lippert as an intermediary, which is how it can work without NAT/public IP addresses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you found out away to get around the MyRV name yet? Is that in the app?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
    Have you found out away to get around the MyRV name yet? Is that in the app?
    No. As far as I can tell, the OneControl App searches for only those SSIDs that start with that string. However, you can rename the rest of the SSID to anything you want, rather than the random string of digits it came with.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamo395 View Post
    No. As far as I can tell, the OneControl App searches for only those SSIDs that start with that string. However, you can rename the rest of the SSID to anything you want, rather than the random string of digits it came with.
    I've found the same thing, it's really annoying actually, because the stupid OneControl app refuses to use an SSID that's not MyRV_blahlbah. So, for example, if I have my phone in someone's house where there's no cellular service, the OneControl app can't be used because it will drop off their Wifi, look for MyRV (and not find it) and then try the cellular (and not find that either). Really silly, just stay on whatever Wifi you have and see if it works, if not, offer to change.

I really don't think this is something that gets fixed in the rig, it's something that needs to be fixed in the app itself, that's where the problem is. For example, if you go to the OneControl website to control you RV: https://lippert.force.com/IoTCommuni...-control-cloud, you can use whatever Wifi you want. It's only the phone app that gets "hung up" on being on the MyRV SSID.

The good news, if you do this "hack" (as described in this thread) you can connect to the "My_RV" SSID and control the rig AND get Internet from that SSID. So it's not that bad, the only time I need to connect directly to the Togo WiFi signal is if I want to switch from cellular to wifi or back. Could be worse, still, really sloppy/silly programming in the app.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So can i replace the we826 thats there now with my box/wifi combo but just use the myrv name? The modules are ethernet so id just plug them in.

I dont like being tied to someone like that

Btw i have the new blue label.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
    So can i replace the we826 thats there now with my box/wifi combo but just use the myrv name? The modules are ethernet so id just plug them in.

I dont like being tied to someone like that

Btw i have the new blue label.
    I'm not sure what you're asking, and I also had the "black label" version, so I'm not sure I can help. On mine, I have 2 SSIDs broadcasting in my rig, the "My_RV" one and one from the Togo (that I named myself). If you connect to EITHER one of them, you get an Internet link. So it's fine, just let your phone connect to "My_RV" and connect everything else straight to the Togo, that's how I do it, and it works fine. It's annoying, the app is written SO badly it makes my head hurt, but, it works, so I figure, why try to fight it. There are ways you could probably spoof it (make the Togo send out the SSID that the Lippert gear does and move the Lippert gear to another, unused SSID), but.. This is fine for me, I never have to switch Wifi on anything and it works, so I'm not gonna try to get too fancy.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the 351, if you lift the touch screen controller up off the cab, there is a hole behind it, and inside there is the router for the system along w the antennas. Its stuffed in there pretty tight, and it has several open ports, at least mine does

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo1 View Post
    On the 351, if you lift the touch screen controller up off the cab, there is a hole behind it, and inside there is the router for the system along w the antennas. Its stuffed in there pretty tight, and it has several open ports, at least mine does

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    So strange, I looked for mine for at least an hour before I found it. Mine, a 2020 351, the router and OneControl hardware was on top of the cabinets. It seems they place these things where they "feel like it" during the build process?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    So strange, I looked for mine for at least an hour before I found it. Mine, a 2020 351, the router and OneControl hardware was on top of the cabinets. It seems they place these things where they "feel like it" during the build process?
    I think they moved it outside the cabinets for better coverage, especially reaching outside the trailer.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a 2020 351 and whenever I go to reconfigure the gateway via 192.168.1.2, I get the lippert screen to sign up for a data plan... I've reset the gateway several times like the directions say, but no change. I've tried connecting directly to the WAN without reconfiguring but that's not working for me. I've also tried putting my own ATT data only sim card in and that doesn't work, at least without some configuration changes.

If anyone's had any experience with either using their own sim card or with getting around the lippert splash screen I'd appreciate any help.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast