User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Well folks, I have some great news for you. Got the Togo up on the roof today, and now, like magic, I have full control of the RV from anywhere without paying for anything but Togo. It's beautiful. And it's even easier than I thought, GD really gave us a great router and it's wide open, AWESOME, and THANK YOU! But you don't even need to get all crazy with routing tables or anything like what I spoke about before. It's as close to "dead simple" as it could be.

Step 1: Open up your Togo (uses funny screws, you'll need to get the right driver for it, it's a star drive)
    Step 2: Run an Ethernet cable from the Togo to the WAN port on your router (on top of the cabinets in my RV, I also picked up 12V always on power there from the other routers, so this was not at all difficult)
    Step 3: DO NOT plug in the Ethernet cable yet! Power up the Togo, and sign up for service. You cannot, for some reason, sign up if your Ethernet port is connected. No idea, their software is like something from the dark ages (Togo)
    Step 4: Plug the Ethernet wire from the Togo into the "WAN" port on your router
    Step 5: Enjoy control of your RV from anywhere and unlimited Internet from Togo for 360/yr

It's really that easy. On my router, the WAN port (all the way to the right) was blocked with black tape, probably to get people to overlook it and not think too hard about what that port is for (or prevent the builders from plugging the wires in to the wrong port). Just peel the tape back and you'll see the port there. The WAN port is set to DHCP an address and route all traffic to that port, so, the instant you connect Togo to it, it does it's thing and start routing the packets as it should, giving you control of the RV from anywhere.

I'm attaching a few pictures for to try to help others, if you need assistance doing this, just ask, I'll be happy to help. This is my "day job" (networking) so I hope that my experience can help others here. Oh, and yes, you can monitor the temp remotely too, that works great using the OneControl App. I also bought MCM Multisensor, it's a USB stick with a charger that's completely self contained (5/mo for monitoring using it's own cell phone link) and battery protected, so now I have 2 ways to see and protect my pets when they are in the RV.

Attachment 23921
    Attachment 23923
    Attachment 23924
    I know this is an old thread, but once I connect my router to the oneconnect WAN port I do not get internet on the myrv wifi or access for my connect anywhere bridge. You talk about getting into the oneconnect router and telling to to route to a specific IP address. How did you get in?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chetter62 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but once I connect my router to the oneconnect WAN port I do not get internet on the myrv wifi or access for my connect anywhere bridge. You talk about getting into the oneconnect router and telling to to route to a specific IP address. How did you get in?
    Connect to the "My_RV" SSID and then follow the directions below to get into the router:

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...CD-0002650.pdf

That said, if you're doing what I did, you really shouldn't have to. First thing I'd check, plug a laptop into the cable running from your Togo/ConnecT to the router and make sure you get an IP address/Internet. If not, the problem is with the Togo, not the OneControl device.

Also, search in here on the new OneControl (blue label, IIRC) box. Apparently that one is a little different than mine and the procedure needs to be altered a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, My label on my 2022 was black. I was hoping for the best. I followed the reset procedure and neither the Open_wrt..... nor hardwired was I able to get in. I just keep getting the Connect Anywhere signup splash page.

I have WAN going into my TP-Link router. Works great! I ran from one of the network ports to the WAN on the Cell Gateway. The SSID of the gateway will not let me connect via WIFI either. Super frustrating. Really want to have cloud access to the RV.
    I even tried to connect to just a open port and that just pissed it off. I had web access from my cell, but no communication with anything on the RV.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest you watch this video: https://youtu.be/i7Qpx_4d78I

You don’t have to setup the different VLANs like he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the video link. Although I am not ready to pull the trigger on a Pepwave, what he said about replacing the LCI router made sense. I made my guest network MyRV_xxxxx. Wired the two LCI items to the network and boom I am connected to the cloud and easy access via my phone.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’re welcome! Yes that was the important the part, I’m glad you got it working.
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234