User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just lost our Boxer Penny less than a week ago....

She LOVED traveling. Just wanted to he with Mom and Dad. Heartbroken doesn describe our loss.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that. We’ve been struggling with our 12 year-old Sheltie with pancreatitis since the first of October. He lays on the ground by the steps when we start getting the camper ready because he knows we are getting ready to leave. Turns into a puppy when we get to a campground where there are trails to walk him. His illness has made us think about what it’s going to be like to lose him. Never planned to get so attached to him, (He’s just a dog.) but when our youngest left for college he became my constant companion.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for your loss, they are often the most important member of the family, the bigger they are the larger the hole in your heart when you lose them.

Our Saint loves to travel with us as well. When looking for a new tow vehicle a couple of years ago, I thought a super cab, rear jump seats would be fine. More payload and gross tow weight. Both of us agreed Ty needs the super crew to have space, she gets the whole back seat.

If it fits within your plans, another dog helps to ease the hurt. You will always remember Penny, but new memories will be guaranteed along with a new furry face that will give you a big wet kiss.

Again, condolences.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for you loss , it's always so hard when we loose our 4 legged family members .
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry for your loss. We started our full time adventure with the kids left over pets, 2 Chihuahua's and a Cat. The older chihuahua and the cat passed away, basically old age. We swore we would not get any more pets. Unfortunately there is no accounting for my wifes big heart, came back from a trip to check on my mom, when I walked in the door my wife was crying. ??? In my absence she had adopted a little dog. She was upset because we had an agreement and she had not talked to me before she adopted. OK.... Not happy, but it's life and I adore my wife. So that trip to France will never happen, oh well.

The younger Chihuahua passed away. The new dog has severe separation anxiety. Long story short my wife just adopted a kitty. ???

While your beloved friend has left and can never be replaced, just know that there are thousands of new friends just waiting for you to find them. The pain eases with time, but the memories last a lifetime.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear of your loss. It is painful but I still wouldn't trade it for the joy we got over the years with our pups. We lost both of ours last year to old age illnesses so I can sympathize. We thought about getting no more pets but realized we are dog people and now have two more puppies in training. Glad we did it too.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just reading this. I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing our last greyhound was devastating, and we couldn't do it again. Don't know where you stand with this stuff, but two days after it happened to us, I ended up reading a passage in Genesis that basically said animals have souls, which kinda makes sense to me. I mean no offense if you're anti-god, but I'm saying I took a very small measure of comfort in the fact that I might see him again, and share it with the hope that perhaps you might too.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We believe that too! She's up there running on the beach with her tongue hanging out just waiting for us.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Losing a pet is a terrible thing. We lost our family pet a few years ago and we just haven't been able to bring ourselves to get another pet. Sorry for your loss, take some time for yourself and your family. It's all time well spent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so sorry for your loss! We have a boxer, Zuul, who absolutely loves camping! It's the only time she's allowed on a bed with us!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast