User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrol60 View Post
    Amazing how inefficient those heat pumps are. The mini split heat pumps I have at home are good for heating down to 5 deg outside temp.
    They work just fine when on RV campsite power.... rather then my propane...
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCFAN View Post
    They work just fine when on RV campsite power.... rather then my propane...
    Prior post says - "The Coleman-Mach heat pump is an effective heat source, as long as outdoor temperatures are above 45°F. Below 45°F, there is not enough heat outside for the system to absorb, and efficiency drops."
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm stating right off that this does not address the question at hand, but I wanted to opine about our heat pump. Our rear bedroom unit is both an AC unit and a heat pump. We have tried to use the heat pump, but with it being 5 feet directly over our heads and half-again louder than when in air conditioner mode it makes it very difficult to sleep. We decided we'd rather pay for the propane than wear ear plugs to bed...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my experience with our 2020 and Heat Pump

Camping - On a night where the outside temps approached freezing I could hear the system switch over and furnace came on in the wee hours. I decided to keep things simple and went downstairs and changed the thermostat to operate the furnace only for the rest of the night.

At Home - We're avoiding winterizing until early January and keeping some things inside the rig. So I have the heat pump set for 45 degrees (we have a 50-amp hookup). He have lots of mornings in the 30's, some in the upper 20's. Over the last month we used barely 3 gallons of propane with that setup (I just refilled the tank yesterday).

And as the OP noted, the details of how they operate and when they switch over are in the manual for the thermostat.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12