Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    James & Mary,

Welcome!

No matter the size of the rally, they are great. Although you might not find the vendor you are interested in, you will meet lots of great people, hear some interesting seminars, and eat lots and lots of food, and get a few Grand Design goodies and meet more people and eat more food.

As Red noted, watch for the sign up for the national rally in Goshen. You might also want to try the Tennessee rally (actually 2 rallies, two weeks), in May although you might need to get on a waitlist. Also take a look at the mid Atlantic rally in October - it's not full yet, but I wouldn't wait too long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j&mstepp View Post
    Just bought a new grand design reflection and were wanting to meet and great at a rally. Rallies seem to be filled up as soon as they are posted and no spot are available for a rally nearby. So we thought we would just get an empty spot in the park where the event was being held. We contacted the event masters and requested just a ticket to attend. The response was:

"In fairness to those ahead of you on the wait list we cannot accommodate rally only tickets. I do see that you are on the wait list if anything changes I will let you know.

Kathie"

What we asked was:

'Hello:

My husband and I put ourselves on the wait list for tickets. His name is James Stepp. We just got our Grand Design 3 weeks ago and went to apply to any of the rallies and they are all full. That says more good things about our decision to get one.

Anyway, I wanted you to have our name and know that we only need rally tickets not rv site tickets, because we went ahead and booked at Lakewood off their site, so we could at least be there. We are booked for Block One South, Level 235 South. March 18 - 22.

So if you get any rally tickets for the events, we would love to participate.

Thanks
    Mary and James Stepp"

I was taken back by the response, then I checked to see if others had a similar response.....yep.

I fail to see how selling me a ticked to be at an event in any way:

Overburdens the vendors
    Causes a loss of revenue to anyone, other than me
    causes too many people to be there, isn't the event about meeting, learning and buying things from vendors, don't they want to sell out
    Isn't the campground happy to be renting spots because of the event, even if they are not event dedicated spots
    it's ok there is only enough food for event site renters......"doesn't the food vendors want to sell food", I can buy my own food
    Selling me an event ticket would help determine the big the event really is , vendors like those numbers
    Very disappointed in My Grand RV forum events

Jame and Mary Stepp
    Still proud owners of a 2020 297rsts
    We have found the same situation ourselves and it's just too hard to get to one of The Grand Design rally so we kind of cross it off our list for now. If you do happen to get it and then it seems that you have priority when the next rally comes up with that group. Doesn't bode well for new owners we're trying to get out and see some of the other Grand Design owners. Oh well we will survive
    Barry:D
    USN Retired
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, many mods, B&W rollball Gooseneck hitch and Anderson Ultimate adaptor
    2020 Reflection 337RLS, TorxLift stairs, bug screens on Furnace, HWH, Fridge, Cross bar on screen door
    Yanmar Sc2450

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what you mean about filling up quickly. We have been to 2 rallies, Northern California which we got in from wait list and Las Vegas. Last summer we got email from wagonmaster about rally in Oregon next June 2020 so we jumped on and signed up. Within a day the rally was booked and this was for a year in advance. Your best bet is just keep looking at rallies on Owner Support. Also, get on an email list from the wagonmasters and maybe you can get advance notice like we did for Oregon.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbaber View Post
    I know what you mean about filling up quickly. We have been to 2 rallies, Northern California which we got in from wait list and Las Vegas. Last summer we got email from wagonmaster about rally in Oregon next June 2020 so we jumped on and signed up. Within a day the rally was booked and this was for a year in advance. Your best bet is just keep looking at rallies on Owner Support. Also, get on an email list from the wagonmasters and maybe you can get advance notice like we did for Oregon.
    To hard not that important . Favoritism is alive and well
    USN Retired
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, many mods, B&W rollball Gooseneck hitch and Anderson Ultimate adaptor
    2020 Reflection 337RLS, TorxLift stairs, bug screens on Furnace, HWH, Fridge, Cross bar on screen door
    Yanmar Sc2450

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marauderer View Post
    As apparently is sniveling.

If there are no slots this year pay attention and get in line early next year. I know I kept my eyes open and followed the sites and was able to get right in on the Quartzsite rally when it was announced this year. As far as I know, all of the rallies are first come first served with no priority given to last year's attendees other than they know where to look for announcements.

Popular events are always hard to get into on a moment's notice. Some things take a little planning.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's more a matter of timing. Depending on WHEN someone purchases a new GD and when the next available rally opens registration, anyone could get in.

We got our rig in October 2016. We were able to attend the 2017 GD rally in Quartzsite in January. Now, registration for that one opened in Oct 2016, so I guess we got lucky.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I think it's more a matter of timing. Depending on WHEN someone purchases a new GD and when the next available rally opens registration, anyone could get in.

We got our rig in October 2016. We were able to attend the 2017 GD rally in Quartzsite in January. Now, registration for that one opened in Oct 2016, so I guess we got lucky.
    Yes, you are correct. It is just a bit frustrating when you are 6 month out and it is already book. On another rally they said they would have more info in January and it is already full. Thinking back to the Forest River Rally's it was the same thing. I have a friend who is a wagon master and he would try to get me to go and I did several times. He just told me the date you could sign up and to make sure I called early and the proper protocol to get signed up. Maybe next year.
    USN Retired
    Yanmar Sc2450

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you are correct. It is just a bit frustrating when you are 6 month out and it is already book. On another rally they said they would have more info in January and it is already full. Thinking back to the Forest River Rally's it was the same thing. I have a friend who is a wagon master and he would try to get me to go and I did several times. He just told me the date you could sign up and to make sure I called early and the proper protocol to get signed up. Maybe next year.
    Hello Barry , thank you for your service.

I am NOT wanting to start any arguments or hard feelings.
    What would you suggest for the registration process?

I know the Mid Atlantic rally at Bethpage in Virginia, has sites available. That rally had to be moved from Delaware to Virginia. The past 2 years we had 202 sites at Delaware. Bethpage offered us at least 325, I believe as of Thanksgiving there were 200 sites registered for the rally.
    Also the National rally in Indiana will open registrations in early April. They are expecting about 500 rigs. That rally will book 75% in the first day or 2.
    Sorry for your frustrations. But hope some of this may help.

As always, safe travels and good health.
    John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John I know you can't please all the people all of the time but, if you want to promote newbies getting to a rally maybe setting a few spaces aside just for newbies and if they don't fill those slots by a certain time frame take the folks that have been on the waiting list and give them the opportunity to fill those slots. That way you are giving newbies a chance to get to a rally.

Next question is how long can someone be a newbie. I would say that after you have been to one rally you are not a newbie anymore and are just like every one else.
    USN Retired
    Yanmar Sc2450

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John I know you can't please all the people all of the time but, if you want to promote newbies getting to a rally maybe setting a few spaces aside just for newbies and if they don't fill those slots by a certain time frame take the folks that have been on the waiting list and give them the opportunity to fill those slots. That way you are giving newbies a chance to get to a rally.

Next question is how long can someone be a newbie. I would say that after you have been to one rally you are not a newbie anymore and are just like every one else.
    Barry , you may have a good idea. Out of a rally set up for say 50 rigs, how many set aside for "newcomers "? How do you assume/make sure newbie are newbie ?
    How long do you hold the spot for them? What happens if you get more newbie signing up for those limited "newbie spots" , a second waitlist for them?

Thanks
    John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast