User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Maurauderer - You sent me a private message but I prefer to answer in public. You indicated you are offended by my calling your original post sniveling. OK, I accept that you are offended.

Personally, I was mildly offended by your initial posts here being about how you were being singled out for being new and resented the process. You made no attempt to understand that first come, first served is a normal methodology and you instead blamed GD and the Wagonmasters of limiting access in some way. Instead of asking other members how they got into rallies and what they suggested for solutions you instead complain that your needs can't be met.

I found the response you got from the Wagonmaster to be both polite and responsive. You found it offensive enough to make a public complaint about it here.

So...you want to complain like a big boy, you should be able to hear criticism like a big boy.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. I hope that you find happiness generally a little easier to attain than it has been for you in this situation.
    Last edited by JColeman; 12-12-2019 at 07:45 AM.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to share my experience/observation.....I too was to late to get in on the first rally that we attempted to get in to (the Northern California Rally in 2017). I then took the initiative to sign up for the Central California Rally and the Las Vegas Rallies. After we attended the California Rally and we had so much fun and met so many people, learned first hand about maintenance of our slide outs from the Grand Design Techs, etc. I signed up for a number of rallies mostly in the west but also the national rally in Goshen, Indiana.

We owners learn that these rallies often sell out in a few weeks and so we check the rally Events schedule often and get registered as soon as registration is open. We are currently signed up for rallies all the way in to Sept. of next year....we'll be at Quartzsite, Az., Las Vegas, Idaho, Colorado, Wash, Oregon, and probably go to the national rally again.

If you're wanting to learn about solar, all the options and availabilities, Quartzsite is pretty much ground central for solar. Not at the rallies but their shops are there in town.....the people that pretty much do nothing but solar full time. You can go pretty much any time in the winter however, if you're wanting installation.....just like rallies, you're going to have to make reservations in advance. They stay busy.

Once you attend a rally you will make friends with people and when you go to another rally you will already know people and that escalates. We run in to people in Goshen, Indiana that we had met at the rallies in California or Vegas. Each rally will have a question and answer period with the Grand Design RV Techs that's very informative for newbies.

If you think you want to go to a rally get registered. Just like any future travel, sometimes things come up at the last minute, life gets in the way and we're not able to make it.....then just cancel. Most rallies as long as you cancel thirty days in advance you'll be fine. Somebody's always on the waiting list ready to take your spot.

I hope this gives some of you newbies an idea of how it works. We were all newbies at one point and had to experience exactly what you're experiencing. I will say that the eight rallies we've been to in the past year, my observation is that the rallies seem to be getting more and more popular and so you have to sign up as soon as registration is open. Keep your eyes on the Grand Design 4 Ever forum and go to the Rally Events page and watch it often. It does seem that this forum gets the rally info after that forum and after the facebook groups. Lots of fun out there......go for it!
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barry , hello again.
    Not to pile on, just wanted to add some numbers.
    2018 National Rally had 475 rigs, 997 people, 60% were first time rally attendees, 2018 Mid Atlantic Rally had 202 rigs, 550 people, at least 40% were first time rally attendees. Back in 2017, was the first Tennessee rally. It had probably had 60 to 75 rigs. The next year the wagon master added a second rally the next week to help get more people in.

Yes it may be hard and frustrating, but we all have gone through it , and will continue to go through it if we want to attend these rally.

My wife and I have been to about 12 rallies over the 5 years we owned our rig. We will be attending 3 rallies and 2 gatherings in 2020. At this point we go to meet up with the friends we have made. Some of the rallies are getting too big, that is why we are starting to do some smaller get togethers.

John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “ Very disappointed in My Grand RV forum events”

This statement is somewhat disturbing, as “my grand RV” does not sponsor events. It’s a (very) friendly forum. We talk. Most of the time, politely and without criticism.

N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just signed up for the Mid-Atlantic rally at Bethpage in Urbanna, VA. Bethpage is huge so there should be good availability for sites. This is my first rally, and as luck would have it less than an hour and a half from my HB. Looking forward to meeting other GD owners and maybe learning some things. Really looking to talk upgrades (mostly brakes, suspension & solar).
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    Just signed up for the Mid-Atlantic rally at Bethpage in Urbanna, VA. Bethpage is huge so there should be good availability for sites. This is my first rally, and as luck would have it less than an hour and a half from my HB. Looking forward to meeting other GD owners and maybe learning some things. Really looking to talk upgrades (mostly brakes, suspension & solar).
    Hi and welcome Spike and Kimberly.
    Glad to hear you made reservations. Did you go to Eventbright and sign in there also?
    Where is home base for you?
    Again, welcome and looking forward to meeting you at Bethpage, my wife and I will probably be working at the check in table.

As always, safe travels and good health.
    Wishing you and Blessed Christmas and Happy New Years.
    John 《JJ 》 Joscelyne
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, went to Eventbrite and signed up. HB is Newport News, VA. Hope your holidays are blessed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    Yes, went to Eventbrite and signed up. HB is Newport News, VA. Hope your holidays are blessed.
    COOL,
    again ,welcome.
    I am sending you a private message.
    John Joscelyne

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize for the opening comment, I was just unknowing. Simply put I found a spot at the campground where the event was held. Not wanting to be a freeloader I was willing to pay the price of admission just to walk around and talk to people. I will be in the future going to a rally. Right now using the camper and enjoying it. Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
    Retired Army Aviator - Wife, soon to be retired court reporter
    2020 297RSTS with dual batteries, looking at solar.
    2020 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 1500 (Yeah, it's small, but it's working
    Have dogs, will travel... Coonhound and yellow lab mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=j&mstepp;268410]Just bought a new grand design reflection and were wanting to meet and great at a rally. Rallies seem to be filled up as soon as they are posted and no spot are available for a rally nearby. So we thought we would just get an empty spot in the park where the event was being held. We contacted the event masters and requested just a ticket to attend.[QUOTE]

My husband and I are one year new as well and noticed the same thing, but our wagonmaster did allow us to get 2 tickets to the rally in our state we stayed at our home and drove over. I did notice since we have not been able to get to one since we tried ours again the day after it opened to reserve and it was already waiting list it was very frustrating
    2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Hemi 6.4 4x4
    2019 GD Imagine 2250RK
    Companions: VinDiesel & Luna

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast