Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks J&J.... I was upon my roof yesterday checking that area and I couldn't find any gaps, cracks or holes in the sealant in that area on either side but I will remove the factory sealant when I get back from Florida and redo both sides. I did have the big gaps at the rear corners on both sides that I filled with non-sagging roof sealant when the unit was almost brand new.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Thanks J&J.... I was upon my roof yesterday checking that area and I couldn't find any gaps, cracks or holes in the sealant in that area on either side but I will remove the factory sealant when I get back from Florida and redo both sides. I did have the big gaps at the rear corners on both sides that I filled with non-sagging roof sealant when the unit was almost brand new.
    Good luck with getting it fixed. I think part of the problem on my rig is the gutter does not go all the way to the front cap. It stops about 1/2” short leaving a spot between the downspout and the front cap where water can run down. As I watched snow melt off my trailer yesterday there was a stream of water coming off the roof and running between the downspout and the front cap then down the side of the trailer. I need to add a dam of calk to direct the water into the downspout. I looked at another trailer in the park, different brand, with the same gutter setup and the downspout abutted the front cap and the water was running off their roof just fine. Don’t know if they just cut my gutters short or if this is the way GD does it but in my case the gutter downspout not abutting the front cap is allowing water to run down the side of the trailer and was the cause of water dripping out of the weep hole at the bottom.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12