Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to GD - 337RLS

Hello!

We are new to GD and to a fifth wheel. We just purchased a 2020 337RLS and look forward to a trip to Arizona from Tennessee starting in January. Thanks for all the great information on this forum. It will be wonderful to meet many of you on our travels.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1011.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	23739
    Pat, Patti and Julep (the Vizsla)
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Lance 2285 (sold)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations & safe travels to you.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stay south at that time of year. Head down to at least I-20 before going across. Have you weighed your rig loaded. Many 3/4-ton diesels don't have enough payload for the 337 (over 3,000 lbs. on the pin) when fully loaded. Welcome to the GD family, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobandals View Post
    Hello!

We are new to GD and to a fifth wheel. We just purchased a 2020 337RLS and look forward to a trip to Arizona from Tennessee starting in January. Thanks for all the great information on this forum. It will be wonderful to meet many of you on our travels.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1011.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	23739
    We also have a 2020 337RLS and have been living it full time for about three months. A couple of things you might want to do.

You want to keep the water out. Go over the entire trailer and make sure that all of the places that GD put silicone sealer are sealed and not separating. I have had to repair multiple places that were coming apart.

Get on the roof or have someone else do it and check all caulking around vents and anything else that comes through the roof for cracks in the caulking. Pay close attention to the four corners of the trailer. In the back at the corners there is a 90 degree curved piece of plastic that makes the corner. Caulk around this piece will often develop a crack. At the front of the roof on both sides there is a gutter drain that sticks out about 3”-4”. The silicone that GD uses does not stick to the plastic and may allow water by. On my unit water was going around the outside of the gutter drain and flowing down the plastic covered joint where the front cap is screwed to the trailer and exiting through the weap hole at the bottom. I used non sag roof caulk to seal around the gutter drain to stop the water intrusion.

You also want to grease the suspension. The factory puts very little grease in the suspension. Don’t want the trailer showing up at the dealer with grease all over the suspension. My suspension took a lot of grease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcomes and advice. Yes, we certainly plan to head straight south from here and then across. Will be watching the weather and adjust as needed. Also, will check over all the seals mentioned. We will be on the roof soon installing a TOGO, so will be sure to go over all the other areas of the roof. Thanks again!
    Pat, Patti and Julep (the Vizsla)
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Lance 2285 (sold)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Upstate NY in winter, Traveling the U.S. in summer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picking up 337RLS on Monday! Heading south early April
    ... TN, MS, NOVA . .

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get out and do some camping prior to hitting the road with your rig. You want to become familiar with all its systems and get used to towing the rig before you get far from home.

Left The Driveway
    Upstate NY in winter, Traveling the U.S. in summer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bamaman

That a good suggestion, 'was thinking about doing a little "breakin cruise" (hopefully nothing will break), maybe in local CG before we head out ... thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "On my unit water was going around the outside of the gutter drain and flowing down the plastic covered joint where the front cap is screwed to the trailer and exiting through the weap hole at the bottom. I used non sag roof caulk to seal around the gutter drain to stop the water intrusion."

Can you elaborate on this a little bit more... I too am seeing water coming out of these weep holes.
    Thanks, Sparky
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 02-12-2020 at 02:30 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    "On my unit water was going around the outside of the gutter drain and flowing down the plastic covered joint where the front cap is screwed to the trailer and exiting through the weap hole at the bottom. I used non sag roof caulk to seal around the gutter drain to stop the water intrusion."

Can you elaborate on this a little bit more... I too am seeing water coming out of these weep holes.
    Thanks, Sparky

I would post pictures but that option does not work for me on this forum.

Get a tall ladder and inspect the front roof corner. There is a plastic molding that covers the screws that attach the front cap to the side wall. At the roof this molding abuts the gutter. The seal between the plastic molding and the gutter was bad. A small amout of water would come off the roof and go infront of the gutter and leak into the plastic molding covering the screws holding the front cap on and exit at the bottom weap holes. Once the joint was sealed I no longer had water dripping out of the weap hole.
    Last edited by J&J___; 02-12-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast