Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Draining fresh water tank

We are on our last camping trip of the season and have had some below freezing temps this time out. Following what others have posted here...on the freezing nights we put some water in our Fresh Water tank and disconnected the hose from the campground connection. We don't normally use the fresh water tank and I am wondering if we need to drain it when we go to winterize the camper on Sunday. We only filled it about 1/3 full to get us through each night. If we need to drain it...what is the most efficient way to do this?

On a side note...has anyone replaced their pump with a better/quieter unit? This pump is a little loud and sure would be nice to have better water pressure...especially in the shower.
    2015 Reflection 323BHS
    2014 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fresh water tank will have to be drained when winterizing. There's a tank drain valve, think it's 1 1/2" underneath near the street-side just behind the rear-most axle.

Much of the water pump noise is due to vibration. If you have a chance to inspect the utility area where it's located to see how it's mounted and whether it's come loose. I've also heard on mounting it on rubber pads/feet to help isolate vibration. You could also look at PEX piping runs as they can vibrate against each other or what they may be mounted to. I've placed chunks of fiberglass insulation in those spots and it does help. You could also check the pump model number and check the specs...I believe ours has a rating of 2.9 gpm and there's pumps available at higher output. Many switch their showerheads to Oxygenics which deliver higher pressure with low flow. Here's a link... https://www.oxygenics.ca/

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply Dave. Another newbie question...assuming street side means the passenger side where the camper door is. Do I have that right or wrong?
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Street side is left or driver's side, curb side is right side or door side

pwrplay
    As for the pump noise , it is really a sum of multiple parts that makes the pump loud. 1st thing I did was replace ours with a Sureflo Revolution. This pump is mush quiter than the Flojet that came with the trailer. The second contributor ( and probably the biggest for noise,) was the outlet hose from the pump to the KantLeak control was leaning right up against the storage separation panel that you remove to access the pump. (this made it sound like a jack hammer during low flow situations) The 3rd factor was the rest of the pex piping and other hoses that where strapped to the aluminum frame. I addressed all the above and now I can barely hear the pump run. .

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBoyer View Post
    Street side is left or driver's side, curb side is right side or door side
    Thanks. I went and looked at mine and it appears to be just in front of the front axle.
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phydeauxman View Post
    We are on our last camping trip of the season and have had some below freezing temps this time out. Following what others have posted here...on the freezing nights we put some water in our Fresh Water tank and disconnected the hose from the campground connection. We don't normally use the fresh water tank and I am wondering if we need to drain it when we go to winterize the camper on Sunday. We only filled it about 1/3 full to get us through each night. If we need to drain it...what is the most efficient way to do this?

On a side note...has anyone replaced their pump with a better/quieter unit? This pump is a little loud and sure would be nice to have better water pressure...especially in the shower.
    Little bit of confusion. My unit has a white gate valve and a separate blue hose right next to it coming out the bottom of the camper just inside the street side front wheel. I pulled the gate valve and it appeared to drain the fresh water tank but curious as to what the blue hose is.
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The blue hose beside the drain valve is the FW tank overflow.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

leswood
    I have a 2015 Reflection 337, and I need to drain off some of the water in my fresh water tank. I have read the manual, and read what has been posted here, and the problem i am having is finding the white drain valve below the rv. There are red and blue low point drains but nothing that looks like (base on the picture in the book) 1 to 1 1/2" white gate valve. did it get remove on the 2015 models or am I just not looking in the right spot?

Thanks,
    Les & Pam Wood
    Reflections 337 RLS
    09 Ford F250 Super Duty Diesel
    Santa Maria, Ca

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leswood, it should be on the street side in front of the front axle.
    2015 F350 CC 4x4 KR High Capacity Tow Package
    2014 Momentum 355TH #770
    2014 Yamaha Adventurer 2+2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast