User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to watch tv using digital antenna that came installed on 5th wheel

Hi, wife and I just became full timers a month and a half ago. Can not figure out how to watch TV using the digital antenna that is installed in roof of my 2017 Reflection 311bhs. Us newbies are having difficulties figuring stuff out. Thanks! Michael
    Last edited by ptraney; 12-04-2019 at 06:03 PM. Reason: mistake

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to crank the antenna up, aim the antenna toward the station(s) you want to watch, turn the booster on, and then scan for channels on your TV.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptraney View Post
    Hi, wife and I just became full timers a month and a half ago. Can not figure out how to watch TV using the digital antenna that is installed in roof of my 2017 Reflection 311bhs. Us newbies are having difficulties figuring stuff out. Thanks! Michael
    Welcome. Some of this stuff isn't as obvious as it could be.

Somewhere in your trailer, most likely in the bedroom ceiling or in a cabinet near your main TV but it might be elsewhere, find a dark wall plate the size of a light switch plate at home. It will have a couple of cable connectors sticking out of it. It will also have a tiny, impossible to see, button on the plate. Push in that button and an LED on the plate should light up to indicate that your TV antenna booster system is active, which it must be to watch over-the-air television. (To deactivate it to watch cable TV when connected to cable at a campground, press the switch again and the LED should go out.)

With the booster on, turn on your TV and go to its menu. Look for a menu option that allows you to scan for TV channels (sorry, I forget what it's called) and activate the scan. After a minute or two the TV will have found X number of local channels and will begin playing one on the TV. If you don't many, try cranking the handle in the ceiling underneath your antenna to reorient the antenna, maybe in the direction of a nearby city, and then try scanning again.

The TV will "remember" these scanned channels, so from that point forward, in that location, you can just turn on your TV (make sure the booster switch is on) and watch your channels. If you move to another campground, you have to repeat the scanning process again to find the available channels in that location.

As for "having difficulties figuring stuff out", people here are happy to help. Ask away.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to go to input 1st and pick tv......then go to menu and scan channels. After your booster is on of course.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc