User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can run both of my AC units on my 30 amp service. But I did have to stagger start them prior to installing the 2x EasyStarts (now they can start at the same time). That is also with res fridge and converter on all the time.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Callahan,thanks for the frost info. Live in the Pacific Northwest so lots of weather changes. Not sure how much our gravel driveway moves during frost but we did have 26 inches of snow on the ground at one time last year. Everything above ground moved a lot.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. We bought our 2016 Solitude 379FL slightly used in early 2017. The first winter at home (Michigan) we left it winterized in front of our barn in the elements...front jacks down, on the wheels, and battery removed. The next winter we bought a full cover and put it on (twice) before it blew off for good 3 weeks later. The next winter we headed to Florida and got 220 miles before my Ford 6.0 diesel gave up the ghost, stranding us near Cincinnati. My brother towed the Solitude back to our home, this time next to the garage at the end of the driveway. I found out that I could lift the wheels off the ground with the jacks. That's what I did. I had installed a 30 amp RV plug on the side of the garage almost 30 years ago. I left it plugged in all winter (after I checked the water in the batteries). It survived the winter very well. This year we winterized it in October, jacked it up, covered it, and left it plugged in again. We're leaving for Florida 12/26/19. I see no issues with leaving it plugged in.

I had installed our 30 Amp RV plug when we had a 30 RV. With 30 amps we can still run the refrigerator, one air conditioner, and some fans. with the unit plugged in the battery will always be charged, thereby precluding it from freezing. Running the refrigerator is very expensive, although in the winter it doesn't have to work very hard. Advise, Make sure you have either pavement or gravel under your unit as it will slowly sink into clay or soft soil. Jacking it off the wheels is a good option because there will be no flat spots when its time to go. As far as covers go, please read my post about them here: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...6865-RV-covers.

One last thing. Having your unit at home makes owning one sooo much better. EVERYTHING is much easier and you can load/unload at your leisure. You can make 12 trip to Lowes or Home Depot over a week to finish one project.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I park ours on a concrete pad next to the house, exposed & on the tires. Unless we'll be heading out again in short order, I dump the tanks, empty the fridge, turn it off & leave the doors ajar. I'll use adapters & just connect the electric to a 15A house circuit. Slides are in by necessity & I don't bother with AC. Before we retired, in the fall I would winterize, remove the battery(s) so I could trickle charge them in the garage, and just let the unit sit in the elements. Now that we head south shortly after Christmas, I still winterize & leave the fridge doors ajar, but I leave the battery in & the unit connected to the house 15A circuit. Generally, central IL Decembers don't get so cold as to require the battery to be removed. That's not true come January, which is why I'm not here in January.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I parked mine at my house without cover for about 2 years. Constantly kept the unit cleaned and waxed, one side of camper still faded pretty bad.
    So now i have it parked on grey stone with a carport. Leave it on jacks plugged in with ac's set at 85 degrees. I have a 18' x 55', 16' tall
    and it cost me $5500 with a 25 year warranty. would definitely recommend a cover.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I store under carport beside my house, plugged into 30 amps. Carport is 15’ x 36’, 12’ high sides, 14’ 4” in the center. Six vertical feet of sides and rear of carport are covered with metal siding. I designed this carport for prior TT and the Reflection fills it up with the bottom of the cap and tongue exposed (but whole roof is covered). I leave 3 Damp Rid tubs in camper, will often leave A/C on 83 in the summer, refrig off unless we are preparing for a trip. If slides are out, leveling jacks are down, tires are covered on concrete. In the winter will put an electric radiator in camper and furnace on 55 if nights are below freezing. We really enjoy this set up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5C4FDF70-3EFE-43FC-9862-0AE1A0989184.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	881.2 KB 
ID:	23852
    Last edited by lawdog1; 12-12-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post
    I store under carport beside my house, plugged into 30 amps. Carport is 15’ x 36’, 12’ high sides, 14’ 4” in the center. Six vertical feet of sides and rear of carport are covered with metal siding. I designed this carport for prior TT and the Reflection fills it up with the bottom of the cap and tongue exposed (but whole roof is covered). I leave 3 Damp Rid tubs in camper, will often leave A/C on 83 in the summer, refrig off unless we are preparing for a trip. If slides are out, leveling jacks are down, tires are covered on concrete. In the winter will put an electric radiator in camper and furnace on 55 if nights are below freezing. We really enjoy this set up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5C4FDF70-3EFE-43FC-9862-0AE1A0989184.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	881.2 KB 
ID:	23852
    Check out "VersaTube" direct. Poured the 12" X 12" footing myself and built it with a couple of friends less than 3K
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20191214_083239.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We keep it plugged in to 50amp rv outlet, slides in typically, level on concrete drive. The fridge and a/c are off. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191123_071523.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	24123

Sent from my old rotary phone using Tapatalk [emoji3513]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is parked in the driveway next to the house. Fridge and pantry emptied of all food and bathroom and cleaners with anything that can freeze. I pull the battery, winterize and leave battery on a trickle charge in garage. I dont put the rear stabilizers down because they are not needed and actually collect snow. I wish i could cover it as the west sun hits hits the front decal. Wife is against covers but as long as its a made for RV cover and not a tarp it should not harm the surface. I could leave it plugged in but usually snow blow where the cord would lie. I live in the northeast.
    2018 303RLS dual AC , table with chairs and 3 awning covers.. pulled by a 2021 GMC 3500 AT4, Andersen hitch with Factory turnover ball

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Paul View Post
    Well, that is what I use to do - as you can see below we currently don’t have a 5th wheel - we hear out 310GK is about a week out.
    Ok, this looks much better.
    Well, except I can’t get the pictures right
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D00C4F8F-7117-45A4-A74B-4FBE2CD75FC5.jpeg   F72382AF-CD6B-4CBB-A8EE-68B03970865B.jpeg  
    Last edited by Tall Paul; 01-04-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    2020 Solitude 310GK
    2017 F350 Diesel CC SRW

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast