User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    New carport going up next Tuesday
    I want to do that but I would have to put it directly in front of the left bay of the garage. I have no other space in front. I could put it out back, but that presents other challenges.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I want to do that but I would have to put it directly in front of the left bay of the garage. I have no other space in front. I could put it out back, but that presents other challenges.
    You guys that can get away with a carport/open roof structure are lucky! Absolutely a no-go here in the valley between snow and wind! In fact, the storms that came through last may uprooted a 38' x 60' pole shelter of a local farmer. Got up under the roof, pulled the timbers out of the ground and sat the entire, intact structure back down 6 feet diagonally from the empty sockets! The last carport I saw around here buckled and crushed the car after 8" of snow when the wind hit it. The so-called designers of them do not properly assess load combinations.
    Last edited by geotex1; 01-19-2020 at 02:47 PM.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    You guys that can get away with a carport/open roug structure are lucky! Absolutely a no-go here in the valley between snow and wind! In fact, the storms that came through last may uprooted a 38' x 60' pole shelter of a local farmer. Got up under the roof, pulled the timbers out of the ground and sat the entire, intact structure back down 6 feet diagonally from the empty sockets! The last carport I saw around here buckled and crushed the car after 8" of snow when the wind hit it. The so-called designers of them do not properly assess load combinations.
    I feel your pain in that. Being in far SE AL, we're in tornado and hurricane country, sometimes together. Short of a reinforced concrete bunker suitable to withstand a nuclear blast, you take your chances and design what strength you can. Fortunately no tornadoes have hit here and the hurricanes full forces diminish quite a bit, I have had winds gusting in the 60+- range with no damage so far. That's why I have insurance.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    You guys that can get away with a carport/open roof structure are lucky! Absolutely a no-go here in the valley between snow and wind! In fact, the storms that came through last may uprooted a 38' x 60' pole shelter of a local farmer. Got up under the roof, pulled the timbers out of the ground and sat the entire, intact structure back down 6 feet diagonally from the empty sockets! The last carport I saw around here buckled and crushed the car after 8" of snow when the wind hit it. The so-called designers of them do not properly assess load combinations.
    A friend of mine put one up last year for his Class C. He lives about 20 miles from me, but still in the mountains. His is still standing, but I think the orientation to the prevailing wind has a lot to do with it. We had some pretty high wind a week ago, I thought the tree next to the house was going to come down (and I will be taking it down in the spring). I may still figure out a way to do this, just don't know how yet. You are apparently in the same terrain I am in PA.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done ... Rockwood in pictures gets traded on new S Class in 2 weeks ....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200122_100945 (2).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	24436Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200122_080251 (2).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	24437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200122_080308 (2).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	24438Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200122_095140 (2).jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	24439
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now see - that's what I want just and can't get. I like that fence idea. I'm going to have to work on this some more....
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456