User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet another Victron Multiplus 12/3000 question

I've read many posts and haven't seen anything relating to the 2nd AC out line on the Victron multiplus 12/3000/120. I apologize if this has been discussed already. From what I can gather, the 2nd AC out is not a pass through, but will kick in once shore power is removed. Can this second AC out be used to power the 2nd AC line in our trailers?

I have purchased 4 battleborn batteries, a victron multiplus 3000, and victron BMV-712 battery monitor. My goal is to use these for the occasional boondocking trip for several days to power coffee maker, microwave, chargers and the occasional air conditioner use. Eventually I plan to add solar.

My current thought is to follow the advice of other posters and have shore power go through an EMS-HW50, then to an existing transfer switch for the generator/shore power (I don't currently have a generator but the trailer was prepped for it). Then split the two AC lines. Line one goes to the inverter input then the inverter AC out goes on to the main power center. AC Line 2 goes directly to the main power center. As others have suggested, i will move circuit breakers around, if required, to have all circuits I need boondocking on line 1.

But now I'm wondering if AC line 2 can be routed to another transfer switch along with the multiplus AC 2 output. Then the output of the transfer switch would go to the main power center. That way line 2 breakers would be fed by shore/generator power normally, but when there is no shore power it will be fed by the inverter AC out 2. If that works, I wouldn't have to worry about moving the circuits around between line 1 and 2.

Am I over simplifying things? It's not like i really need all circuits available boondocking. But if there is a capability in the inverter, why not use it?

Brian
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2016 GMC 3500 SRW Diesel

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One AC output is inverted, the other is strict passthrough (non inverted). When shore power is pulled, the passthrough connections will not receive power. With a single MultiPlus 12/3000 you are only powering one side of your 50A trailer unless you get a special switch like the AMSolar SmartATS Phase Selector (called something like that).
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the correction. I had it backwards, I thought AC 2 is inverted. But you are right it is a pass through.