Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Furnace problem

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace problem

My sister has a 2016 303RLS 5th wheel and from day one had an issue with the furnace. When new the it would not work and the dealer replaced the circuit board saying they had got it wet while washing the unit. On the next trip out furnace again failed to operate and after much discussion the dealer again replaced circuit board again saying they got it wet. Again furnace did not work and she has had no success getting any further assistance from dealer or Grand Design. On a trip we met a couple with same unit who stated they had the same issue and their dealer had relocated the circuit board however we cannot locate anyone with info on the issue and after 3 years of ownership the furnace does not function. She has ignored the issue as here in Florida we seldom need the furnace however on an October trip to Virginia it was needed. I have a 2017 337RLS and have had no problems with furnace. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Steve Cook

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously electronics and water do not get along. Do you believe water was the culprit or the dealer was making excuses? You don't say if the furnace worked after the board replacements, so did it ever work? Any proof that the board got wet? Typically, fresh water will not hurt a board if it gets dried out before power up..
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealer story about the board getting wet while washing the unit sounds fishy to me.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furnace worked on first trip, returned to dealer who replaced board stating we got it wet washing unit. Again worked first time out returned to dealer who replaced board again after much protests. Tech stated he caulked it good but it would get wet again and it must have as it only worked once. Dealer refused further help Grand Design and Atwood stated there were no problems with unit I have been an Rver for many years and would like to try to fix it but reluctant to as I feel we need more information as to what is really happening and don't to just throw new parts at the problem