User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
    Interesting. Gonna have to look into this and hopefully get some user feedback after its release.

https://www.curtmfg.com/betterweigh
    Ok, so I purchased a new unit Betterweigh unit about a week ago and just tried it out with the TV. The cat scale says our vehicle weighs 5080 without me in it so add another 189.4 lbs to that for 5269.4 lbs with a full tank of fuel. I ran several weigh calibration tests, first by using the stock VIN input and also by manually inputting data and it appears so far that using the default VIN set-up is more accurate. The final outcome I was most comfortable with was a reading of 4950 lbs. This puts the accuracy at within 6.1% of cat scale weight which is slightly off the 5% claim. That said, the testing was done at a temperature of 98 degrees and 57% humidity so I will want to run the tests again once the humidity is below 30%, just from a curiosity standpoint. I am not a fan of trying to get a 1/2 throttle task accomplished as a consistent measure. The manual set-up asks you to use moderate, then 1/2 throttle, then full throttle take offs. Luckily, our vehicle is AWD so no wheel spin but it's tough to be consistent and you will need to basically practice and retry to help the software become real accurate.

If I can get to a point where the weight difference is always at 6.1% off a cat scale reading then I can do the math to be very close to cat scale weight measures. I will write more as I continue to test; the next report will have trailer tow and tongue weight findings as well.
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago after reading the results that a few got on the Ram forum.
    One of the guys went into a lot of detail and the accuracy for him was within the 5%. It also shows the balance between the trailer and tow vehicle.
    So far all I have been able to do was the initial setup and then measure the tongue weight of my boat trailer. Hope to be able to weigh my setup in a few weeks and see how accurate it is for me.
    I'll report what I find when that happens.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago after reading the results that a few got on the Ram forum.
    One of the guys went into a lot of detail and the accuracy for him was within the 5%. It also shows the balance between the trailer and tow vehicle.
    So far all I have been able to do was the initial setup and then measure the tongue weight of my boat trailer. Hope to be able to weigh my setup in a few weeks and see how accurate it is for me.
    I'll report what I find when that happens.
    Great Jay; I have to drop our trailer off at a welding shop this coming Monday to install a rear hitch for a cargo carrier but once I have it back will run my tests with it attached to the TV. I want to take a run at the manual set-up option again now that I have a better feeling about performing the set-up with consistency.
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12