User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curt BetterWeigh Mobile Towing Scale

Interesting. Gonna have to look into this and hopefully get some user feedback after its release.

https://www.curtmfg.com/betterweigh
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Curt may have bought the HaulGuage technology. Very similar format.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    Looks like Curt may have bought the HaulGuage technology. Very similar format.
    Charlie
    And LCI buys CURT. hmmm. One company does it all.
    Monty and Nena, with our 4 legged friend Allie

2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn CC 4X4 DRW Mopar M25 hitch with 90 gal Aux tank
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjaike View Post
    And LCI buys CURT. hmmm. One company does it all.
    Given that everything LCI does is on a just-barely-good-enough basis I'll be waiting for reviews of this product from real people here before jumping in.

But it does look like nearly-magical simplicity. I wonder what accuracy can be claimed? If it's accurate to within 10%, for some 5th wheel trailers that could be over 300 pounds on the hitch more than reported by the device/app, which may not be insignificant in some situations.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It claims to be over 95 percent accurate.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought this awhile back and finally got a round to trying it. I had to manually calibrate it by accelerating multiple times from a stop to 15 mph at varying throttle positions. At the end of it all it weighed me 1000 lbs heavier than the CAT scale I had just weight at. So far, not impressed.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    I bought this awhile back and finally got a round to trying it. I had to manually calibrate it by accelerating multiple times from a stop to 15 mph at varying throttle positions. At the end of it all it weighed me 1000 lbs heavier than the CAT scale I had just weight at. So far, not impressed.
    Hi John303, What did the CAT Scale say your combination (GCWR) weight is? If your GCWR is 20,000 lb or more and the BetterWeigh is off by 1,000 lb, then the BetterWeigh is within its +/-5% accuracy rating. Also, if you don't mind sharing, how much did the Unit cost? Thanks, Dan
    Dan and "Big Red". Amateur Radio W7TNU.
    2020 Chevy 3500HD High Country SRW, 6.6L DMX, 10 Speed Allison, 3:42, Cajun Red.
    2017 Momentum 328M, 380w Solar, 14ply's, GM TPMS, Demco Hijacker Autoslide.
    7 ATV's, 2 Dirt Bikes, 3 Snowcats, 1938 Cat D2 Dozer, John Deere Tractor, too many toys...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockpatch View Post
    Hi John303, What did the CAT Scale say your combination (GCWR) weight is? If your GCWR is 20,000 lb or more and the BetterWeigh is off by 1,000 lb, then the BetterWeigh is within its +/-5% accuracy rating. Also, if you don't mind sharing, how much did the Unit cost? Thanks, Dan
    This was the empty truck. 9000 vs 10000 lbs. The thing cost $99. If I take a notion I might try it again, but it is kind of a pain.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the Haul Gauge works better on some vehicles than others, and on some older vehicles there is a lot of manual setup to make it work. If I recall there are some vehicles it just plain won't work on no matter what. I believe the technology is the same or similar on this one.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Continuing a chat about the Curt BetterWeigh product

I see the last thread was in June of this year. Does anyone have any updates on this Curt BetterWeigh product. Overall, as it applies to a TT, is it a helpful "tool" in that you can more safely feel at ease about tongue weight and make sure you are not at capacity with your load weight limits both in TV and trailer?
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast