User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks flashcom! Yeah, we saw one at a local RV show this past February and loved it! My wife and I are going to take a factor tour here after the holidays are over - very mcu looking forward to that.
    I am still on the gas / diesel fence. I've never driven a diesel vehicle so still doing a lot of research. I'll look for the diesel vs gas thread - thanks for the heads up.
    Safe travels.

Alan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I've only driven my 7.3 Navistar PS Diesel and even though it doesn't have the 1,000 ft lbs of torque of the new trucks, it does have plenty to tackle those steep Rocky Mountain passes out West.
    And I've been over most of them !!!

At 7% - 9% + grades UP for miles,
    those gassers just don't have what it takes (without some serious overheating concerns) !!!
    I've passed many of the side of the road.

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmech84 View Post
    Hello Grand Design community. My wife and I are getting close to retiring and hitting the road in a fifth wheel. We both really like the Reflection 320 MKS but are not sure which tow vehicle to buy. I am partial to Ford, been driving an F 150 for a while. I'd like to hear the thoughts and suggestions from any/all who are towing the 320 MKS.

Thanks all and happy trails.
    We are getting ready for retirement too..... we bought a GD reflection 337 and tow with a Dodge Ram 3500 with no problem. Previously towed a 38 foot jayco eagle with no problem. Love the Cummings diesel. Hope it helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Jetmech84;268933]Hello Grand Design community. My wife and I are getting close to retiring and hitting the road in a fifth wheel. We both really like the Reflection 320 MKS but are not sure which tow vehicle to buy. I am partial to Ford, been driving an F 150 for a while. I'd like to hear the thoughts and suggestions from any/all who are towing the 320 MKS.

Thanks all and happy trail

I tow my 320MKS with my 2014 ford F350 SRW. Just did a 14,000 mile cross country trip this past summer and the truck pulls it with ease. I have a short bed, so I bought the B&W slide hitch and love it. I have many issues with the 5th wheel and Grand Design not honoring warranty issues. That's a discussion for another day. My advise to you is buyer beware!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

We are just about to take possession of a 2020 320MKS which we will pull with our 2016 F350 SRW King Ranch. We used the same truck to pull our slightly smaller/lighter 2018 307MKS which was a breeze when we travelled accross Canada and USA in 2018 for 4.5 months and over 27,000 Km and many mountain climbs.

We look forward to the new unit and larger bedroom and closets along with the rest of the great layout.

We wish you luck on choosing your rig and tow unit.

Cheers
    Paul & Helene
    2020 Reflection 320MKS
    2016 F350 King Ranch 4x4 Diesel Shortbox SRW
    British Columbia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my first time on this forum. I hope this turns out okay. I had a ram 2500 crew cab 4-wheel drive with a 6.4 gas short box with 3.73 rear end. I had the trailer weighed at a rally and it was all maxed out on the truck. I went to a 3500 Ram this spring same cab and engine only I went with they 410 rear end and air suspension. This is a single rear wheel. It does a really good job of Towing the 320. I do not know what the other manufacturers have for air suspension but I would check into it as it improves the ride all around especially for a heavier duty truck. I hope this helps you out a little bit as I know there is a lot of good advice out there but as everyone else has said be sure and check the sticker on the door. Happy camping

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull my 2019 MKS with Chevy Duramax 2500HD also have a 3500 HD the one ton seems to handle it a little better I get the same mileage in either truck it’s always between 11-12 mpg when pulling this fifth wheel loaded, love the duramax power. I bought this fifth wheel after having a 35 ft bumper pull for the last 10 years, loved the Jayco trailer I had but could never pull my small boat behind it, fifth wheel and boat combination I’m pulling now. One comment on Grand Design, I looked at many fifth wheels and did my research, GD is fairly well built but the quality control could be improved on I had a hand full of little issues after purchasing the RV, some I fixed myself but others I went back to the dealer 3 different times since August just inconvenient to keep going back to the dealer. I’m still trying to get my lights to work above my head board of my slide out bed, was working fine last time out stopped working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tow Truck preference

Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post
    Welcome to the forum jetmech84. Pin wt of the 320mks will be between 2300 and 2800. In my opinion that puts you in a one ton truck. But you can probably get by with SRW instead of dually. Hope that helps...
    We are very pleased with our 2016 F350 6.7 LB SRW. Has over 100,000 miles and going strong. Have a B&M hitch, 65 gallon Titan chassis tank. 3:55 RR. Handles better than a former 2011 F250 SB 6.7. We tow a ST310 Solitude, 36'.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing your 320 MKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmech84 View Post
    Hello Grand Design community. My wife and I are getting close to retiring and hitting the road in a fifth wheel. We both really like the Reflection 320 MKS but are not sure which tow vehicle to buy. I am partial to Ford, been driving an F 150 for a while. I'd like to hear the thoughts and suggestions from any/all who are towing the 320 MKS.

Thanks all and happy trails.
    We are hauling our 320 MKS with a Dodge Dually, but we would not need that big of truck. We had it when we were hauling horses, so we just kept it. You could easily pull it with a 2500 Dodge. It is always better to have a bigger truck than too small. It is just safer.

Sandy Macy

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phstinson View Post
    Hi,

We are just about to take possession of a 2020 320MKS which we will pull with our 2016 F350 SRW King Ranch. We used the same truck to pull our slightly smaller/lighter 2018 307MKS which was a breeze when we travelled accross Canada and USA in 2018 for 4.5 months and over 27,000 Km and many mountain climbs.

We look forward to the new unit and larger bedroom and closets along with the rest of the great layout.

We wish you luck on choosing your rig and tow unit.

Cheers
    I'm guessing you got rid of the 2018 Reflection with the crack?
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...eflecti-307MKS

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast