User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New TV

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We replaced our 40 inch with a Vizio and works great. (TCL made a great computer monitor in my office). Furrion dvd player is just that- a low end dvd player. We added a Samsung Blu Ray in the LR and a LG Blu ray in the Bedroom. We bypass the Furrion and frankly only use it as a radio. We use the Samsung outside when needed , easy enough to move and it sits nicely on the drawer under the TV outside. We put a 32 inch Samsung TV outside also. All of the tvs and brackets used a standard VESA pattern for mounting. We did not upgrade the bracket in the living room, used the factory supplied with no issues. Added one in the bedroom and upgraded the one outside to a tilt and swivel unit. Just FYI. This is in a 2019 297rsts

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    Great job Ace! Very impressive job! For everyone here: has anyone replaced the 40" TCL with a 40" other brand Smart TV (thinking Visio), or any
    other well known Smart TV? I'm a big fan of Visio, put a 32 in the bedroom and it works great. I'm concerned that it's not easy to see the back of
    the current OEM mounted TV in our Imagine 2250RK LR so I'm not sure how simple (or complex) it may be to uninstall the OEM TV and remount a
    (for example) 40" Visio or other similar model in the exact same place. (in the lift cabinet or whatever it's called) All advice appreciated.
    Replaced the TCL with Samsung 40" smart tv, Sony Bluray and Samsung soundbar with sub. The Furrion is a mediocre clock and poor radio.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Replaced the TCL with Samsung 40" smart tv, Sony Bluray and Samsung soundbar with sub. The Furrion is a mediocre clock and poor radio.
    Good going. Couldn't you get a 43" in there? Which sound bar / sub did you get? It is on my "after Christmas refurb specials" list. I have 39" to squeeze it in. The sub / satellite speakers I can place behind the recliner.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 12-19-2019 at 03:53 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got the Samsung 43" like the original poster and it fits perfect in the 303 living room. I also used the original bracket that held the 40" TLC, just had to move it up 1".
    Bill & Lisa
    2013 Ford F350 Platinum diesel
    2018 Reflection 303rls

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Good going. Couldn't you get a 43" in there? Which sound bar / sub did you get? It is on my "after Christmas refurb specials" list. I have 39" to squeeze it in. The sub / satellite speakers I can place behind the recliner.
    I probably could have squeezed a 43 in, but I chose to place the soundbar on the shelf directly below the TV which uses 2 inches or so. I also placed the sub behind the fireplace. Plenty of room, power available, outta sight, outta mind. I don't remember which model of Samsung soundbar I bought but sound quality is very good. Paid about $350. Music play is pretty impressive. The set up is no match for my 65" OLED and Sony HZ9F Dolby Atmos with satellites but hey, I'm CAMPING!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All your new TV installs look great with all the channels you are receiving. I receive only a few when I used to receive about 55 channels in my driveway. There’s a broken cable someplace and I have yet to find it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the 43" TV fit between the cabinets OK , or did you have to move the TV out some ? Thanks John , GD 260rd. I'm thinking of replacing tcl 40" with a LG 43".
    Last edited by Rock.45; 05-10-2020 at 05:34 PM.
    John & Elaine .Veteran U.S. Army 82nd ABN , All American . 2021 Grand Design Solitude 310 GK R. 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0 liter gas Z-71. God , Country and Family.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post 40” Vizio install report in place of the OEM TCL. All went well but the bolt pattern would only accept 2 bolts but it’s still holding up fine. Vizio Smart with $50/mo YouTubeTV subscription gives us everything we need. The subscription can be put on “pause” at any time. I’ve been using Vizio’s for years with no issues at all. Travel safe!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock.45 View Post
    Did the 43" TV fit between the cabinets OK , or did you have to move the TV out some ? Thanks John , HD 260rd.
    I fits nicely into the recess. The bracket is centered so the sides fell right in. I had to lower the TV with the bracket mod I made so it cleared the top. Before you buy a TV look up the specs and get the dimensions. Most I saw were within a 1/4" of each other so with a little planning it could be made to work.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 05-10-2020 at 05:37 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roger that, Thank you.
    John & Elaine .Veteran U.S. Army 82nd ABN , All American . 2021 Grand Design Solitude 310 GK R. 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0 liter gas Z-71. God , Country and Family.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12