User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New TV

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New TV

Ok we all know the TCL TV placed in our units is better than a Furrion but still not quite there. Not only that they put that oddball 40" in. I took advantage of Black Friday sales and found a 43" Samsung 7 series UHD LCD smart TV for I though a good price of $297, delivered. I spent the last two afternoons rigging up a modified bracket to place the TV in the cabinet. A 36" length of 1" aluminum angle cut in half and a few bolts and nuts with careful measuring and I'm gold. It fits like a glove!
    For some reason I get 62 DTV stations with the Samsung and the Winegard antenna on my rig but could only get 22 with the TCL. It'll be nice to be able to access HULU and Disney+ without going through my laptop.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191208_153259471.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	23784

My next trick is to get a Dometic 320 toilet to fit in the bathroom. Craigslist was generous this week. I saw a new-in-box toilet for 50$ so I jumped on it. If it doesn't work out I shouldn't have much trouble selling it and getting my investment back.
    If anyone is interested The TCL TV is available.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 12-08-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How come you mounted sideways ? LOL
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Ok we all know the TCL TV placed in our units is better than a Furrion but still not quite there. Not only that they put that oddball 40" in. I took advantage of Black Friday sales and found a 43" Samsung 7 series UHD LCD smart TV for I though a good price of $297, delivered. I spent the last two afternoons rigging up a modified bracket to place the TV in the cabinet. A 36" length of 1" aluminum angle cut in half and a few bolts and nuts with careful measuring and I'm gold. It fits like a glove!
    For some reason I get 62 DTV stations with the Samsung and the Winegard antenna on my rig but could only get 22 with the TCL. It'll be nice to be able to access HULU and Disney+ without going through my laptop.

Name:	IMG_20191208_153259471.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	23784

My next trick is to get a Dometic 320 toilet to fit in the bathroom. Craigslist was generous this week. I saw a new-in-box toilet for 50$ so I jumped on it. If it doesn't work out I shouldn't have much trouble selling it and getting my investment back.
    If anyone is interested The TCL TV is available.
    Hey Ace - Could you give me the overall height of that tv? I want to replace the TCL 40" but the vertical dimension is critical.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Hey Ace - Could you give me the overall height of that tv? I want to replace the TCL 40" but the vertical dimension is critical.

Dimensions

Product Size (W x H x D) Without Stand

38.2" x 22.2" x 2.3"
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Hey Kim ....

Been a while !!!
    Hope all's well wt ya pal !

Here's some pics of what I did to my TV's, but main one is what you'll probably be interested in !!
    If you check online most TV will list dimensions. This was a 55" panel, a size that just worked for me.

Took the 40" TCL out, I had to prop up the panel wt 3/4" blocks to measure for the necessary bottom clearance for the remote control IR sensor.

Then, I built-out the mounting bracket behind the panel wt a 1' X 1' X 3/4" plywood block, so the new panel would project out and overlap the bottom of the cabinet frame by about an inch and a half.
    You must carefully measure the bracket (attached to panel), to know where to re-locate the bracket on the plywood.

This elevation change still allows the doors to open and is hardly noticeable, so I was able to fit in a 55" UHD Samsung Smart TV.

Name:	20190217_122440.jpg 
Views:	648 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	23789 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RV TV.jpeg 
Views:	612 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	23788

Took the 40 " TCL from the LR and installed it outside where GD had a 28 " panel as depicted below...was a tight fit but is awesome and big for outdoor viewing

Name:	20170725_114431.jpg 
Views:	609 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	23790

Finally, Took the 28 " unit from outside and installed that in bedroom !!

Name:	20181228_170222.jpg 
Views:	606 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	23791 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181221_182941.jpg 
Views:	612 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	23792
    Last edited by Da Breeze; 12-09-2019 at 01:58 AM.
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because you're "camping" is no reason to disconnect from the rest of the world.

We had 3 televisions in our Reflection 323BHS, but one grandkid kicked and ruined the 32" tv mounted in our bunkhouse when they climbed the ladder up into their bed.

At least televisions are getting cheaper now. I paid $148 at Walmart on Black Friday for a 55" smart television, and its picture is actually okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How compatible was the Samsung with the Furrion Receiver/DVD?
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...editprofilepic
    2019 Grand Design 303RLS
    2016 RAM 3500 SRW 6.7 I6 Cummins Diesel
    Tottenham, ON Canada

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Samsung 5.1 soundbar bluetooth receiver for audio and added HDMI switch hub bc of Dish satellite connection to bypass Furrion.
    Also, use a Blu ray player for DVDs and CDs

Furrion unit and speakers are junk.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cqyqte View Post
    How compatible was the Samsung with the Furrion Receiver/DVD?
    If you are asking me. I haven't yet tried it with the new TV but don't anticipate a problem with it working. I used the DVD player with the old TCL TV and it worked fine. It is an HDMI in to the TV so the only downfall I see is picture quality the Furrion receiver actually reads at. I haven't looked at the spec to see if it's Blu-ray.
    Either way I have an Oppo disc player I haven't used in a few years. Since it is excellent picture and playback quality I plan on putting it in the trailer, maybe under the TV or just set it on the shelf.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job Ace! Very impressive job! For everyone here: has anyone replaced the 40" TCL with a 40" other brand Smart TV (thinking Visio), or any
    other well known Smart TV? I'm a big fan of Visio, put a 32 in the bedroom and it works great. I'm concerned that it's not easy to see the back of
    the current OEM mounted TV in our Imagine 2250RK LR so I'm not sure how simple (or complex) it may be to uninstall the OEM TV and remount a
    (for example) 40" Visio or other similar model in the exact same place. (in the lift cabinet or whatever it's called) All advice appreciated.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast