Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sleep Number Mattress Assembly Question

We just received our Sleep Number RV King mattress and found we were missing 1-End Wall unit, the Air chambers indicated on the package and on the air chambers "Cal King" and the foam pad is marked as "King". I would like to know if that is consistent with others who have the RV KIng Sleep Number Mattress? The manual assembly instructions indicate 2- end walls and do not differentiate RV King nor does it indicate if the RV King only requires i-End Wall, which end it goes on.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bruce,
    We ordered a Sleep Number king bed for our Solitude in Aug and it came with 1 end foam pad 2 sides, even though the documentation indicated there should be 2 end pieces. I called Sleep Number support and told me the documentation was generic and may not apply to our bed. They indicated our bed should only have one end foam piece for the foot and there would not be one at the head of the bed. I thought it was strange but after looking closely, the bed would be too big for the mattress cover if we added another end foam piece. We have used it since without any issues.

I hope this helps,
    Brian and Susan
    2019 F-350 Dually
    2019 GD 310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Brian, This does help and I thank you for responding, so it looks like we are good to assemble the bed.
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bruce, one other side note, my wife and I kept rolling toward the center of the bed no matter what combination we used on our sleep numbers. I again called Sleep Number support and they sent us a "Chamber Lift" at no cost. It is a piece of foam about the size of one air chamber and 1.5 inches thick which they instructed us to but down the middle of the bed, half of it under each air chamber to stop us from rolling to the center. Not sure if it will solve the problem. The rig is in storage and we have not had the chance to install it. Just some extra information in case you encounter the same issue, its free.
    Brian and Susan
    2019 F-350 Dually
    2019 GD 310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Brian, good to know and I will contact Sleep Number on this. Also, per your helpful reply and finally receiving a call back from Sleep Number customer service confirming what you replied to me, we went ahead and assembled the bed last night and everything fit. It sure would have been nice if the manual indicated the RV King only requires 3-walls (2-side & 1-end) and that the packaging for the air chambers and foam pad indicated Cal King & RV King instead of just Cal King. Oh well it all worked out and I thank you.
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran into the same problem with the number of end rails. Sure would have been nice if the docs had just been accurate.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE