User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ Added to the above for clarity, the previously mentioned freezer door took 4 months to get replaced, annoying but livable. And the LED accent lights on the couch took 7 months, again annoying but we could live with it in the mean time.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's quite a few PDI checklists in the Reference Library. Make sure you do the full walkthrough before signing for your RV. Have them document and address any issues you may have found.

My 10:

1) Automatic Leveling. Try Manual mode with 12V power. Fluid Level.
    2) Slide Operation (Have them also show shwinteck box & hydraulic overrides)
    3) Test All Outlets including GFCI
    4) Fittings on Plumbing connections. Flush & fill toilet. Check behind Nautilus panel
    5) Check power operation of Recliners, Fireplace Roof Vent function. Blind functions.
    6) Operate Appliances on Both Gas/Electric (If applicable). Water Heater, Fridge, A/C etc. Microwave Heating, Check both A/C's and zones. Furnace Operation. Make sure you can feel Air movement out of vents.
    7) Check trim/wallboard for putty marks to fill and gently tug trim to see if loose. Window valences are secured.
    8) Check roof seals/ front cap, baggage door, etc. seals
    9) Try out AV system with DVD, TV source, int/ext speakers etc.
    10) Tank Levels. Also Dump and Empty tanks. Make sure valves aren't sticking.
    Last edited by cleazenby; 12-11-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second that !!
    [B]2019 376TH
    Ford F-350 SRW 6.7 Pusher
    Firestone in-cab air bag system
    Hensley TS3 Trailer Saver

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that we forgot when we took delivery of our, check the mounting of all 120v outlets. One of ours is not mounted flush. So far it hasn't been a problem. Next time we trade, everything will get checked, trim mounting, all outlets mounted correctly and working, everything. Next time it won't be a 2 hour check, it may be a 2 day check.
    2018 Reflection 307MKS
    2017 F-250 King Ranch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Run lots of water in the sinks and check the traps underneath. ALL of our traps had to be tightened before they stopped leaking...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantasy V. Reality of a PDI Our PDI was scheduled for 1PM and we live 2.5 hours away. My plan was to leave home the evening before and spend the night at Cracker Barrel 10 minutes away. We ended up staying up all night and leaving home about 6:30 AM. Between stops and all that other stuff, arrived at 10:00 AM. Ours wasn't ready yet and among other things, they were washing it when we were getting ready for 4 days of rain on our trip. I had planned on at least a couple of hours before the PDI being able to roam free and look on your own. As soon as we got there we found a spot for the Thor and started unloading into the driveway and pick up truck. Then about 2, I was able to get into and start the PDI. I saw everything that was there and how to manipulate most of it. Then when we started hooking up, I found that I had misplaced two 14MM lock nuts for the base. Ran to Homeless Depot and got normal nuts for now. I finally hit the point of "take what we gotta have tonite, the rest can wait. Went 10 minutes to Charlotte Motor Speedway. Came back the next morning and was able to do better at moving stuff as we had them door to door. Granted, we had lots of new stuff, but that stuff was just gettting put near where we wanted it to be. Found a few minor things and already planning to be back anyway. Finished the PDI fairly rapidly and still find this or that as we go along.

In reality, set your appointment as early as you can be there and plan to be there all day, or until you are satisfied. Out extended move combined with the cold windy weather made ours extremely hard to complete.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And last but not least, ask them to vacuum the carpets and under the bed, wipe down the floors, cabinets, walls, trim, etc

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good advice here. Get your PDI checklist and plan to spend several hours going through that list. Don't be rushed. Don't sign paperwork or hand over payment until inspection is completed and repairs are done. Once you hand over your money, the dealer has no incentive to get things fixed in a timely manner.
    As others have stated you want to use every appliance and piece of furniture to make sure all it good. All trim is affixed properly, water pump works, waste tanks work, etc. Get up on the roof and make sure the caulking is good, no voids. Again, don't rush and don't let the dealer rush you either.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    What @boyscout said (many times over!)

Chris
    I'll second and third this^^^^^
    I just spent 4 months trying to get GD to cover a wheel bearning repack due to a missing dust cover. My unit has hubcaps and while rotating tires I found that the curb side rear axel dust cap was missing and the exposed grease was caked with dirt/debris. If the dust cap were present it would have been captured in the hubcap but was never installed. They did agree to cover the bearing repack for that rear axel which was what was right. I was initially told that that would have been "addressed upon reciept from the carrier and GD notified of the correction and parts ordered" but that wasn't the case. All the PDI blocks were checked and obviously they (a dealer) are not going to remove wheels to inspect axels etc.
    Don't be afraid to crawl under it/get up on the roof and look at things either. All the advice here is good, but go with your inner voice, if something isn't right have them address it before you take delivery. Once it rolls off the lot they can deny things because it isn't under their control. Case in point, all 8 of my spring hangers have only one of the ears that are bent with the exact same ding, same tilt etc, when I asked GD about that they said I hit something... how am I going to hit 8 spring hangers in the exact same spot and produce the same bend on only half the hanger? They declined to address this at all.

Bottom line, you are dropping a large chunk of cash, make sure you drive off with a unit that is as close to right as possible and you are happy with.
    2019 Reflection 367BHS with a few mods
    2018 F350 6.7 SRWD CCSB
    1971 F250 Highboy with lots & lots of mods...

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing your walk-through has been completed already, so apologies for the late response. I have a 344GK and wanted to point you to an older thread I posted shortly after my walkthough and has a few modifications that have worked out very well for us.
    We've had our for a couple of years now and really like it. It's not without its issues though, but all in all a good rig.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...195#post161195

Best of luck!
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast