User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel removal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I had one with my previous TT, the taller version of it too. Due to the equalizer between the wheels there was so much allowance for a height difference between wheels that the flat tire didnt move anywhere off the ground when I drove up the ramp with the good tire. I think they are really designed for utility trailers. I had the Trailer Aid Plus if I recall. I got rid of it after I tried it with an actual flat tire, junk. Then I switched to a bottle jack/extension setup by safe jack which works good and I also have a combo jackstand/bottle jack made by power built which I keep in my Momentum.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I agree. I bought one of those "Trailer-Aid Tandem Tire Changing Ramp" and didn't work, wasted $37.
    If anyone knows any trips or tricks to use those please share with us.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured the 2 by 6 would help with the lift but probably not enough. Hopefully I won’t have to find out anytime soon. I’ll try using it without a flat and see what it does. If it doesn’t lift the other tire up then I know it’s no good. Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use my hydraulic leveling system to raise side for tire changing. Thought most Momentum's had this option.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrol60 View Post
    I use my hydraulic leveling system to raise side for tire changing. Thought most Momentum's had this option.
    I was told that it was not a good idea to use the jacks to change a tire. On a different subject how do you set up your signature at the bottom of a post?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to settings at top right of page then to edit signature on left side. You will be told a lot of things here, most good info but not all will be correct. Is changing a tire using leveling system correct? I dont know but I do know it works and is a lot safer, on you and RV, than using a jack under the axle. You just need to be careful with shackle flipping and have them correctly oriented as you bring the RV back down.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moppie14 View Post
    What method is being used to remove a wheel on a 381m e axle. The owners manual does not have instructions for wheel removal. Trying to find Psi stamping on wheel. can only find max load stamping by crawling under unit.
    Did take a flashlight and rag? That should be molded or stamped into the backside of a spoke. It's easily hidden by road dirt and grime.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are right I overlooked that section, you sure do need a lot of blocks to get a hydrolic jack in place. Not much room between tires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12