Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: water pressure

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

water pressure

What should the water pressure be, going into our unit from the city water supply ? We have the nautilus system.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends what the supply is pushing out. If you are close to the source like a well pump, you could see 100 PSI.

Most pressure regulators are preset to 40-50 PSI.

If I remember correctly they say to not go over 55 PSI incoming.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVWaterFilterStore.com recommends keeping the water pressure at 65 PSI or below. The RVs are tested well above that and are usually rated to 125 PSI, but one doesn't want to tempt fate. I used an adjustable regulator for a long time (keeping it between 50 and 60 PSI) but have recently switched to this:

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/Fixed.htm

I ordered mine from Amazon and am extremely pleased with it. It's fixed at 55 PSI and is very high flow.

Read more at: https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/pr.htm#go

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpypapa View Post
    What should the water pressure be, going into our unit from the city water supply ? We have the nautilus system.
    I have a 2020 337RLS and the manual recommends 40psi pressure. 40psi is a very low water pressure. With all the posts about water leaks in the GD trailers I have been reluctant to go much above this. I have my pressure gauge set to 45psi and the water pressure is real low. We have been living in the trailer for about three months now and I have not looked into it yet since we are living in the New Mexico State Parks with no sewer. Tanks don’t fill up as fast with low water prssure.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpypapa View Post
    I limit the pressure to 45 PSI max with a pressure regulator. I believe the manual says 50 or 55 PSI max inlet pressure. I have seen a very wide range of pressure (up to 120 PSI!) from different sources, so you need to be careful.

Chris

I stand corrected. From the manual for my Solitude, it says recommended 40 PSI water pressure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	23833
    Last edited by CoChris; 12-09-2019 at 05:44 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2017 Solitude manual states, "Once activated, the water pump (also known as the on-demand pump) will self-prime, and provide water. The water
    pump continues to run until approximately 45 lbs. of pressure is achieved and shut off".

So I am very confident having my regulator set at 45 PSI.

As Rob mentioned above, some regulators will impact flow volume, this is something worth looking at. I find that 45 PSI is very reasonable with a high flow regulator. Also worth noting that many folks have changed out their stock shower heads (I have put in an Oygenics) to get adequate flow in the shower.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my regulator set to 40lbs, we feel the pressure is adequate and long term why risk a plumbing failure.
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also put my regulator at 40-45 psi.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    I have my regulator set to 40lbs, we feel the pressure is adequate and long term why risk a plumbing failure.
    Mark
    We do the same and also feel pressure is sufficient.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTN View Post
    We do the same and also feel pressure is sufficient.
    I recently purchased a 2020 260RD Reflection.. I had let the prior pressure valve I used on my old RV pass on in trade. The dealership's pressure valves went to 55 PSI and I also read in the manual a recommendation of 40 PSI. I discussed this with the Grand Design dealership and the response was that it is manufactured to hand 100 PSI and 55-60 PSI was more than acceptable. That was the lowest water pressure valve I was able to find in this RV dealership or another dealership I had gotten service from on my prior RV. There was no problem with my older RV with this level of pressure and I do not foresee a problem with this level of pressure on my Grand Design.

I will admit that my older water pressure valves were in the 40 PSI range..but dealerships are not carrying them at the low of a level..at least the two I checked with. I attach this pressure valve to my city water intake on the RV and also use it when flushing the black water tank.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast