Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Low pressure while on city water, But fine on pump/dry camping

We recently had a repair guy work on the faucet line for a leak. Guessing he may have allowed dirt in the line because while on city water the water pressure to all faucets and toilets is low. When I switch to the tank and turn on the pump I get awesome water pressure. I checked the water hose and checked the filter on my Nautilus P1, all seems okay. Not sure where to take my search to next.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome. It might help if you let us know the year and model of your Grand Design. My first thought would be to check all the simple things first. Make sure all the valves on the Nautilus panel are set correctly. I will caution not to change any valve position while under water pressure. Open a faucet to relieve the pressure first. I'd also check the little screen where you hook up the hose to make sure it isn't messed up.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I will recheck the screen. Initially I disconnected the hose and reviewed it, but didn't see anything in it. 2020 Momentum

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a pressure regulator on your hose connection? I'd check the setting on that and see what pressure it is giving you (maybe lower than 40-psig). Are you camping someplace new (lower than normal source pressure when flowing)? Those are my first thoughts.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    Do you have a pressure regulator on your hose connection? I'd check the setting on that and see what pressure it is giving you (maybe lower than 40-psig). Are you camping someplace new (lower than normal source pressure when flowing)? Those are my first thoughts.
    I have had the same issue, but it was after a freeze, although nothing in the trailer itself froze. I keep a heater in the front storage compartment. I did find the white water line leading to the pump was twisted and kinda sucked in in a couple of places. I replaced it and the hose from the black Nautilus knob. Didnt fix the pressure issue but was a bad situation anyway.......

DD.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had similar issues with the preset regulators. Dry camping / pump is awesome, city water... not so much.

Went with a variable regulator and the pressure is much better; though still not as good as the pump. I wonder what pressure the pump is at???
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW