User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    I have a very similar truck and the payload is 5,780.

HTH,
    Kevin
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015 Ram.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	23845
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2019 Ram Limited CC Diesel 4x4 dually is rated 5130 payload. I have the aisin with 4.10, so I have a couple hundred pounds less payload than the other auto trans. The towing capacity is way more than I'll likely ever tow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited, DRW, HO diesel, Aisin 4:10, 4x4, CC

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    And for those wondering why the manual would have such a low rating it's due to Dodge never updating the manual transmission that was used with the older 5.9L Cummins that "only" produced ~650lbs of torque. On those transmissions the 6th gear is the weak link. Obviously Dodge looked at the number of units being sold and it wasn't worth the development cost to update their 6 speed manual.
    Very true!

OP: make sure you post the pictures for your fellow RAM owners to oogle!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking Ram. It will meet your need. I'm in the same boat with getting a TV and going the DRW route myself.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by springhillcindy View Post
    We have a 2018 Grand Design Momentum 5th wheel. GVWR is 16500lbs. Hitch weight 2794 lbs.
    As the title says we are looking at The Ram with the 6.7L I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel and
    Aisin 6- speed Auto trans with a 3.73 axle. Max payload 4360 lbs and GVWR of 11,400 lbs, GcWR 21500, 5th wheel hitch rating of 13810. Curb weight front axle 4123 and rear 2910 lbs. For the life of me I have no idea if this vehicle is adequate. I don’t want to put others or my family at risk by having an inadequate tow vehicle. Can anyone please help.
    Thank you in advance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    springhillcindy; I have almost that exact truck. I suspect maybe the weight numbers you listed are what you at least need for the rig you are looking at?, but actually the weight rating numbers for a DRW will be way over that. In my signature line is my truck's rated numbers. In addition, the GAWR Front = 6,000#. GAWR Rear = 9,750#. It is more than capable for our Solitude and would be for your Momentum, rides great, tows great, stops great, is a pleasure to drive. the exhaust brake is well worth it. Ours does not have rear air bags or air ride, in my opinion it doesn't need it.

I go by the numbers that is listed on the truck door jam stickers. Looking up the numbers for my truck through the Ram web site by its VIN gives incorrect numbers.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dsguzzi

Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    And for those wondering why the manual would have such a low rating it's due to Dodge never updating the manual transmission that was used with the older 5.9L Cummins that "only" produced ~650lbs of torque. On those transmissions the 6th gear is the weak link. Obviously Dodge looked at the number of units being sold and it wasn't worth the development cost to update their 6 speed manual.
    I have the same truck I pull 2020 momentum 399th it works great pulls it fine

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 ram srw 3500 Limited with the HO Cummins diesel, crew cab short bed. I chose it because of the horrid turning radius in the long beds and 70% of the time I’m not towing.

Although I may not be towing your trailer, I promise I have towed much much much more weight and the truck doesn’t even sweat or sway. You’ll be fine - more than fine with the dually. I can get the ratings/numbers for you if needed, but I promise-your good. Love this truck btw and so does my family.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the 2019 chart for the Big Horn, never mind the arrow, that's the truck i'm getting. Looks like you're looking at the gas numbers but remember too that there are two types of duallies. One is for payload like work trucks for plumbers, electricians etc that don't tow much if ever. Then there's the tow truck with less payload but way more towing capability.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Truck tow capacity.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	23908

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ram towing guide per vin number

Quote Originally Posted by springhillcindy View Post
    We have a 2018 Grand Design Momentum 5th wheel. GVWR is 16500lbs. Hitch weight 2794 lbs.
    As the title says we are looking at The Ram with the 6.7L I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel and
    Aisin 6- speed Auto trans with a 3.73 axle. Max payload 4360 lbs and GVWR of 11,400 lbs, GcWR 21500, 5th wheel hitch rating of 13810. Curb weight front axle 4123 and rear 2910 lbs. For the life of me I have no idea if this vehicle is adequate. I don’t want to put others or my family at risk by having an inadequate tow vehicle. Can anyone please help.
    Thank you in advance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here you go.. Trust me you will be excited when you enter your vin in this Official Ram Towing guide.
    https://www.ramtrucks.com/towing-guide.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your GCWR is what your 5th wheel and trucks weigh together, payload is the hitch weight, your payload maybe ok but your GCWR may be over, depends on the truck specs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast