User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Bussmann and other brands when Short Stop circuit breaker is searched, both the auto reset as well as manual reset.
    Made me think it was a brand name that became common use like romex wire.
    Fastronix 40A 12V Type 1 Automatic Reset Circuit Breaker
    Sea-Dog 420855-1 Resettable Circuit Breaker with Cover

How a resetting circuit works! Inside cut away of the breaker actually tripping https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA1cz021OvU
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=boyscout;269494]Well mine should not be the last word on this, but other than the breakers in the electrical panel in your trailer - which are all related to shore power and 120-volt systems - the ONLY re-settable breaker that I know is common on GD trailers is a 50-amp one usually found in the front compartment above the battery in fifth-wheel trailers. I believed it was related primarily to the operation of the landing gear, but maybe it does more than that.
    In recent years GD has been upgrading the breaker to 80 amps in some trailers (esp. those with hydraulics) because the 50-amp breaker was inadequate. The newer ones are self-resetting; no button to push.

We have a 2016 Solitude 379FL. Everything with the jack system was fine until I tried to retract the jacks and hook up after the RV was sitting outside all winter. It was 18 degrees outside. The front jacks went up fine, but when I tried to retract all of the jacks the pump would run for a few seconds then nothing. 20 seconds later a click, then they would work for a few more seconds. I knew the very cold hydraulic fluid was like molasses. It took 20 minutes to get the jacks up. Later in the spring I located the 40 amp auto-reset circuit breaker by tracing the wires from the pump motor. I then read that the new units were being equipped with 80 Amp breakers. I updated my unit. I have never had the circuit breaker trip since, regardless of the temperature. I feel that this should have been a recall...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year my 2018 Imagine 2250RK experienced what you describe --total loss of DC inside. I discovered a self resetting DC breaker on the front portion the frame. It is poorly located and not protected from the road splash up. In less than a year it had corroded to the point that it had failed and difficult to remove. The part , if I remember correctly, was under $10. More thought should have been given in its placement and giving it protection from moisture.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camperdave825 View Post
    Last year my 2018 Imagine 2250RK experienced what you describe --total loss of DC inside. I discovered a self resetting DC breaker on the front portion the frame. It is poorly located and not protected from the road splash up. In less than a year it had corroded to the point that it had failed and difficult to remove. The part , if I remember correctly, was under $10. More thought should have been given in its placement and giving it protection from moisture.
    I'm pretty sure I also have one on my 2017 Imagine 2670MK. Same location. I was puzzled as to what it was when rewiring my batteries from 12v to 2-6v and installing a small inverter. I pretty much left it alone....but at least I know what to suspect when I lose all battery power. It too is VERY exposed to all the bad road stuff.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12