User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at mine and it seems the generator tank has some sort of canister vent thingy on top where as the fueling tank just has a coiled up hose with nothing on the end. I am able to see where fluid has come out and run down the sides of the tank.

I'm thinking that coiled up hose needs to be run to somewhere where it can vent vapor without dribbling fluid on the top of the tank.

Thoughts?
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you tee in to the generator tube so it all goes through canister?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Can you tee in to the generator tube so it all goes through canister?
    I would have to drop both tanks but that is a thought.

Edit: I also wonder if that hose was supposed to be connected to that canister through a secondary connection on the canister... hmmmm
    Last edited by JCR GD; 12-20-2019 at 02:32 PM.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just talked to ECI Fuel Systems, Shawn.

He said the hose on top is normal and is not supposed to be hooked to anything. The extra hose is put on to deter bugs that like gasoline smell (???) from building nest and if they do, it can be more easily fixed by cutting off the end where nest usually is. (maybe cause of plugged up vent for some)

He said no problem with running hose more away from tank but would not recommend taping into the canister line on the other tank since it is not designed for that.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good info Jim. I wonder if you can add this so there is one for each tank:

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...saAqQHEALw_wcB
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent a little time looking around and I don't see anything abnormal. I think the smell is a result of both tanks being full, vented caps and what looks like a different vent hose on the top of the tanks near-ish to the opening. Thanks to all of you which pointed out those things before hand

I'm in relatively warm weather, 80 degrees, which would help with expansion. I'm just going to keep the door open to keep the fumes vented. I wouldn't feel safe with that door closed and I'm going to look for some kind of sensor to get an idea of ppm when it is closed to see if my fears are warranted.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Good info Jim. I wonder if you can add this so there is one for each tank:

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...saAqQHEALw_wcB
    Definitely something to think about. For now IF I decided to drop the tank I will route the hose out to an accessible area with better ventilation and go from there. Thanks
    Jim (& Sharon)
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I spent a little time looking around and I don't see anything abnormal. I think the smell is a result of both tanks being full, vented caps and what looks like a different vent hose on the top of the tanks near-ish to the opening. Thanks to all of you which pointed out those things before hand

I'm in relatively warm weather, 80 degrees, which would help with expansion. I'm just going to keep the door open to keep the fumes vented. I wouldn't feel safe with that door closed and I'm going to look for some kind of sensor to get an idea of ppm when it is closed to see if my fears are warranted.
    Aridon,

I found the same smell of gas on my 2019 394m. The smell is present when I top the tanks off. Most notably the aft one. And of course as expansion occurs in warmer temps, the problem worsens.

I try to keep only 80% or so in both. That seems to work.

////chile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar issue my first few times out with our 351M...Turns out, stupid me just did not have the caps on correctly. Mine are difficult to get on right and then screw all the way down. The cheap plastic doesn't like to line up correctly with the fill tubes.

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never keep the gen or nozzle tank more than 95% full. Seems to help a lot. Plus drain the hose with the pump off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast