User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone rent their Grand Design on Outdoorsy or Air BnB?

Hi everyone, I'm a first time caller. I just bought a 2019 Imagine which I'm pretty excited about to go and see this amazing country. Does anyone out there rent theirs out? Any thoughts on where it's a good market to rent them out?

Thanks in advance for any advice/warnings!

Cheers

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveKiwi View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm a first time caller. I just bought a 2019 Imagine which I'm pretty excited about to go and see this amazing country. Does anyone out there rent theirs out? Any thoughts on where it's a good market to rent them out?

Cheers
    Dave, Do you own a lucrative company, carrying a ton of liability insurance? If not, I’d think what you are considering is opening a massive can of worms. If you have a lien, the holder will likely prohibit you from this, your insurance company probably won’t provide any protection either. Personally, I don’t think anyone here would consider lending out their trailer, let alone leasing it to strangers.
    N and B
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd only rent out an RV if I purchased one for that specific purpose, never my own that I use. My wife's cousin rented one to go camping with us one time and her husband asked me to help him dump the tanks; he said the toilet was backed up. He had the black valve open and the toilet flusher open and the bowl stayed full. Other people that had previously used it never left water in the black tank; I stuck a big stick down the toilet and had to break up the "poop pyramid" that had developed in the bottom of the tank.

We went on a group camping trip last July and one of the families rented a camper. It was nice and had no issues. The guy that rented them out had a pretty good location and used the rent to purchase a new one almost every other year. He had a good business going and it seemed to work out well.

I suppose it depends on where you live, but like mentioned above, you shouldn't have a loan on it, talk to the insurance company and you should expect people not to know how to properly operate everything or take care of it.

In the two cases above I mentioned, the first one let you tow the camper where you want and bring it back. The second case, he would bring the camper to the site and set everything up and give you a run down on how it works, then he comes at the end of your stay and packs it up and brings it back home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would never rent our RV. Just thinking about someone else towing it is just the tip of the reasons not to.
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short answer.... OHN!!
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody takes care of your stuff like you do.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no way I would lend or rent my 5er to strangers. Waaay to easy to damage and the learning curve is steep.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add to the chorus:

Our trailer gives me more than enough maintenance work to do when it's being handled carefully by people (us) who care about preserving it. No chance I'd let someone who cared less about it use it.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You gotta be kidding !!

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveKiwi View Post

Cheers
    Ummm......NO.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast