User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jaboni Solar Port

I wanted to come back and elaborate a bit on my earlier post. The Jaboni port is literally just a box on the roof to collect the wires that connect the panels to the Solar Charge Controller.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5717.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	40966
    Here is a picture of the Jaboni Port on the roof. Peel back the Dicor, and remove the plastic top, and you will see the wires that GD ran down to the batteries.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks3456 View Post
    I am curious if the Jaboni Solar Port means you can only use Joboni panels and controller? They sell them online but all seem to be quite a bit more expensive than the panel's available.
    If you peel back the dicor and pop open the box, you should find a male and female (can we say that anymore?) MC4 connectors. GD typically puts 10ga copper wire down to the front bay, with tag labels on them. I would do a continuity check before I connected my solar charge controller and battery. It’s pretty straightforward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123