User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear View Monitor

I have a 381m Momentum which is about 45 feet long, I'm looking to purchase a rear monitor, will I need a repeater to get a good signal to the monitor in the truck cab? looking for advice before I make a purchase, also experience on which cameras works.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our trailer is only 35 feet. The Furrion Vision S system works very well without any hint that it's struggling to maintain connection between the camera and the monitor.

That's all I can tell you, but this reply bumps your question back up the stack so someone with a longer trailer will see it and can report to you.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have the Pressure Pro TPMS and am wondering if the Furrion Monitor signal will interfere with the TPMS. Has anyone have any experience with this?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After much study across many forums, reading many varied experiences with different makes and models, and then toying with a Haloview setup another forum member is running, I decided to proceed with buying the Furrion Vision S with the 7" monitor. I have no regrets! While I'm not as long as your Momentum, I have had no problems at all with connectivity and no lag. I really like the microphone so that I can hear my spotter as well as see. I added the side view cameras after two trips, which have been good to clear the blind spots while on the road and for reversing up my driveway negotiating the long, winding, narrow path with hard obstacles!

Is it a perfect system - nope. At dusk and dawn there's day/night mode confusion, which is not a big deal but can be distracting. I also don't like that I cannot hold the mult-view screen - i.e., see all cameras at once. The monitor is programmed to revert back to one camera view, and you can pick which one that is. This, however, wouldn't impact you with just the reverse camera.

If the frequencies are not close, you shouldn't have any interference. I just bought a TST 507 system, but won't tow with both setup till next season. Friends are running a Vision S and TST color with no issue.
    Last edited by geotex1; 12-16-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll throw this out there just for comparison. We went in a different direction, but there is a back story. Years ago, when we were researching rear observation cameras for my old Springdale, the reviews on wireless cameras were not that great. Far too many reviewers complained about losing the signal. Because of that, we went with a wired system.

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safet...70613-213.html

When we bought the Momentum, I couldn't see getting rid of the wired system, so i transferred the wired system to the new RV. It does take a bit of work initially, feeding the cable from the pin box to the rear, and running the other cable from the rear of the truck into the cab. In the end, we really like the operation and we don't have to worry about losing the signal or interference. When hooking up to the RV there is another cable to hook up, but that takes like an extra few seconds.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't the monitor on all the time, you mentioned reverse not quite what you mean.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moppie14 View Post
    Isn't the monitor on all the time, you mentioned reverse not quite what you mean.
    Moppie, when replying to comments, it would help if you used the "Reply With Quote" button on the lower right of the post you are referring back to (like I did). This way, the person you are commenting to will know, and it makes the thread easier to read.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that was for me, I actually meant rearview camera. Habit saying "reverse."

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Moppie, when replying to comments, it would help if you used the "Reply With Quote" button on the lower right of the post you are referring back to (like I did). This way, the person you are commenting to will know, and it makes the thread easier to read.

John
    thanks the the info , I didn't know that.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 381m Momentum which is about 45 feet long, I'm looking to purchase a rear monitor, will I need a repeater to get a good signal to the monitor in the truck cab? looking for advice before I make a purchase, also experience on which cameras works.
    Are youusing the side cameras, if so how do they work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast