Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank P View Post
    We are new to fifth wheel rv. We have a 2019 Momentum 395M. For a quick overnight stay can I use auto level while still hitched to the truck. Can you use the slides without jacks down.
    My wife and I have been camping for well over 40 years and with travel trailers and fifth wheels. While new to Grand Design with the 3.0 leveling system, I have read enough to say....like ramcneal, NOT a good idea and I doubt it would work based on what I have read. You would have to raise the front of the RV in manual mode to get it higher then the rear, then go into level mode..at which time it would attempt to lower to level or lower, etc...no..not a good idea. For just over night stays and no unhook planned, I will do it the old fashion way, pull up on a ramp to level from left to right, block the tires..pray the front to rear is not that bad and used the rear in manual mode, to stabilize the unit. I added front to rear level bubbles and left to right bubbles so that I have the ability to do it in manual mode.

Like the prior post just before this....if fairly close to level, you could use manual mode to level with all four or six feet..but not auto level mode, only manual.
    Last edited by terryriddle; 12-21-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been pleasantly surprised with the ability to level the house while hooked up. I'm still on my first real trip so I'm still learning, but here is my procedure...

Lower the front until contact and take just a little weight off the truck. Raise the rear until the level indication starts to change. Then level side to side. Finally, bring the rear up to level.

Obviously, that is over simplified but that's where I start from (after I park as level as I can). Things I look for are the pin never pulling up on the hitch (I'm not worried about the jacks, but that's a good way to break the lock jaw). And I don't like the jacks extended any more than they need to be. Also, at the end I bump front/back and side/side one last time to equalize the pressure on all the jacks.

The system is very flexible and watching the reactions will tell you what it likes and what it doesn't.

Personal preference now, but I normally don't use auto level. I haven't learned it's sometimes strange behavior yet and if I do something wrong, all I have to do is let go of the button and everything stops. (Not the case when it is doing it's auto thing).

Just my two cents...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12