Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

367 frozen water lines to island

Any suggestions for a fix? Water lines both hot and cold froze to kitchen island everything else is great!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your problem. I guess you are cold weather camping? The water lines are probably up against some steel structure under the floor or laying on top of the coroplast bottom cover. Have you tried running the propane furnace? There is duct work that runs along the plumbing lines and some even vent into the underbelly frame space above the coroplast.

Brian

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado2009 View Post
    Any suggestions for a fix? Water lines both hot and cold froze to kitchen island everything else is great!
    Hi Silverado2009,

This is not an uncommon problem. The lines to the kitchen island are the most exposed and run through the area farthest from the furnace ducting. There are some great solutions for this on this forum. Some have put foam pipe insulation around these lines. There is even a recent thread on automatically cycling water through these lines to keep them warm. Try some key words in the upper right search tool, to find these threads. The low point drains are usually in these lines. This could be the location of an "ice block" because these extend outside the insulated space. Warming the low point drains (with a hair dryer) until they flow, might clear the blockage.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warmed up to 24 degrees. It was 1 last night. Yes furnace is on. Just purchased in November and working the "bugs" out. I put a fan blowing down into the plumbing chase in the island to blow warm air into the area. It only took about 5 minutes to break free. I ahd dropped the underbelly slightly to take some pictures to see how thing were ran. Now I just need to come up with a fix! This area must get some heat. So must be just a cold spot.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your under mount spare tire could have a large hole cut into the coroplast that would allow lots of cold air into this space. Its to bad they advertise these RV's for all seasons. Also it has been noted recently that if you have a residential fridge in a slide and it has an ice maker the water line is exposed to the outside elements, another thing to check or keep an eye on.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Brian. I will check the spare tire in the morning!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The industry does not have a standard for "4 season" they all try, but seem to miss in some areas. It would not be fun without mods!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just FYI - I've been told that GD no longer monitors this forum.

As "Other Rob" said, this is not an uncommon problem - and one we encountered our first winter in our rig. When I opened the Coroplast, I found a number of issues causing our freezing problem. You might use the search box (top right) and/or take a look at the cold weather sub-forum on this site:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...eather-camping

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015