Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RVLock Keyless Entry / Slam Handle / Key Latch Installation (Reflection) 1 of 3

At some point, you just need to make a decision and hope for the best. I'd like to think I did my research knowing I wanted to go with RVLock products based on previous experience. We have a 2019 Reflection 28BH and chose to replace all locks including entry door (1), Slam handles (3), and Key Latches (4). Based on research and many reviews, I was confident the entry door and baggage locks should work without issue. I was not so sure about the Key Latches. Here's what I found...short answer is they all fit with some massaging and we now have 1 key for all locks. In the famous words of Homer Simpson, "Woohoo!"

First, I have included the tools I used so you have an idea of what you need to complete the job.

Starting with the front door entry, which was about a 20 minute job. There was an interior small plastic insert piece inside the cutout of the door near two (2) screws that hold the side plate. I remove this and because the lock would not easily insert, I shaved down the hump on the plastic piece and reinstalled. This allowed the V4.0 lock to fit snug in the door. Tightened all screws and done.

The Baggage door slam locks were a breeze. Remove the 4 screws from original baggage handle and keep them close to re-use them. Pull out old lock, insert new RVLock Baggage Handle Lock, reinsert 4 original screws. Done.

I'll seal with silicone to ensure no moisture can enter.

Moving to Part 2...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RVLock Tools.jpg   RVLOCK V4 Int.jpg   RVLOCK V4 Ext.jpg   SlamFront.jpg   SlamBack.jpg  

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RVLock Keyless Entry / Slam Handle / Key Latch Installation (Reflection) 2 of 3

Next, the Key Latches for the Kitchen, TV/Entertainment and Back Storage compartment took some work and the fit is snug, but not bad. Thinking about this as I type, I should taken a picture of all three key latches (RVLock, original battery basement key latch and all others), but in the picture with the two original key latches you can see the difference in size between the front storage/battery compartment (smaller) compared to the Kitchen, TV/Entertainment and Back Storage compartment key latches.

First, when you uninstall the old key latches, hang onto the internal latch as you'll use that with the new key latch. Also, when removing the old, you will find a black plastic key latch support (see picture), remove this and you'll need to trim this piece down. I used a utility knife and shaved it down significantly. This helps keep the new lock snug in door.

When installing the new RVLock key latches, I used the rubber washer/seal on the external side, no washers internally and then used the original internal latch. Hope the pictures help and you'll find a picture of the internal side in the next post.

Moving to part 3...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Key Latch Compare Battery and others.jpg   Key Latch Insert.jpg   Key Latch Support Pre.jpg   Key Latch Support Post.jpg   Key Latch FInal.jpg  

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RVLock Keyless Entry / Slam Handle / Key Latch Installation (Reflection) 3 of 3

The picture with the black trim is the final picture from the last post showing the internal side of the other key latches installations. (Kitchen, TV/Entertainment and Back Storage compartments)

The battery basement key latch is a bit tricky, but again, it can work with a little massaging. First, when uninstalling the old key latch hang onto the external handle latch and the internal locking latch as you'll use them with the new key latch. Also, when removing the old, you will find a black plastic key latch support (see picture), remove this and you'll insert this into the key latch hole from the internal compartment side of the hole. To accommodate the larger key latch shaft, I used the both the original external key latch handle and the handle supplied with the RVLOCK key latch (see picture). I used the original latching mechanism but inverted it to eliminate the gap / play when the compartment door was shut (see picture).

The end result = 1 key for 8 locks.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Key Latch Kitchen TV and Back Final.jpg   Battery Basement Support Pre.jpg   Battery Basement Final Ext.jpg   Battery Basement Final Int.jpg  

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job! Love all the pics. Going to install mine in the AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just installed ours today. One issue I run into, we have to nearly slam the door to latch. The instructions call for the strike plate to be adjusted at the end for proper fit, but its already all the way out.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may need to adjust ours also as I noticed it gets harder to close when exposed to direct sunlight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job and great write-up, thank you for sharing. Mind sharing what you ordered for the Baggage Door slam locks? I have 4 of these I want to change out, one on each side of front pass through storage and two on the outside refrig/stove.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks and here you go. Our model is a 2019 Reflection 28BH.

(4) Key Latch
    (1) RVLock V4.0 RIGHT Hand W/Integrated Keypad for RV's
    (3) Baggage Mechanical RVLock Handle (My door slab is more than 3/4" thick)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've done the same thing in our 33RL. The only thing that I would recommend you do is take the key that opens up all of slam locks, as well as the door lock, and get a copy and hide it somewhere externally. If the battery in the door lock goes out and you don't have a key with you, just the remote, you're hosed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you get all locks on one key?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast