Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am at a crossroad on which trailer to buy. I am looking at the Imagine 2500RL and the Salem Hemisphere 24RLHL. Both models have almost the identical floor plans and weight is about the same. I have read on this site how well Imagines are built and warranty issues are few. From what I have found on the Salem is they are built well but have some warranty issues. But depending on which sites I go to I find that owners of both brands either love them or have some issues with them. I'm leaning towards the Imagine but I would like some input from actual owners if anyone has compared these two models.
    Thanks
    Maybe earning three Gold medals (Top rating) in the three categories GDRV builds in will help. This is not the first time either. Prior years have earned a number of awards not only from Trailer Life but others as well.

https://www.trailerlife.com/rv-gear/...choice-awards/

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something I will add is that Forest River has been on the recall list at the NHTSA for lots of things lately - in fact as late as this past Monday. I get their weekly recall list, which includes all vehicles in the US, including RV's. I have been getting the list weekly since May of this year. Forest River has hit the list 26 times in 31 weeks. Keystone and Jayco are regulars also - although not quite as frequently. Winnebago has been on there, and Thor. Pretty much every Manufacturer has hit the list multiple times during that period, except Grand Design. Also - of importance to the OP - The Hemisphere line has not hit the list in that time period. We researched for several months and went to 3 dealers in PA and NY looking before arriving to the conclusion that GD was the one we wanted. My research did find almost all positives about Grand Design customer service. I have had a couple of very minor issues. Every time GD, or my Dealer, came through with flying colors. Everything was easily fixable myself and the parts were supplied by GD quickly. I will buy from them again for sure...
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I bought a 2019 GD 2500RL and love it. Had some minor cosmetic repairs and adjustments in the break-in period that my dealer corrected. Most significant one was the battery was bad and was replaced with no problem.

The only complaint I have about it is the positioning of the TV to the couch. I had neck surgery a couple years ago and I have to keep my head turned about 45 degrees to see the TV. This causes me some discomfort but may not be any issue for you.

All in all Grand Design and my dealer have made this as close to a perfect purchase and experience as you can get. I am very well pleased. with my 2500RL.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    Have you looked at both trailers live and in person?
    We saw our first GD at a show a few years back (Imagine 2600.) Walked in, sat down, looked around, and said "this is a nice trailer!" We really weren't looking to upgrade but liked the Imagine 2650 so much we traded ahead of schedule.
    OK, we had a few relatively minor problems initially that the dealer was dragging his feet on. I let GD know about it and within an hour got 2 phone calls - one from GD and another from the dealer, and that broke the logjam. We spent 5 months this summer at a full time seasonal site and only had one minor problem, easily fixed with a $15 part from Amazon.
    Would I buy another GD? In a heartbeat.
    We also purchased a 2017 Imagine 2650RK and it has been a wonderful trailer. As past owners of other brands, we have come to appreciate the higher quality of the Imagine product. We are very satisfied owners.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4503.jpg  

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    Most components used in campers come from a very few suppliers and are same in many different campers. Most campers are assembled similar with same basic quality issues. The thing that makes Grand Design stand out is their customer service after the sale. Dealers can be quite poor in service area or fairly good; it just depends on dealer you buy from. I had several quality issues with my 2018 GD 2250RK and GD was there for me. Never had to take camper back to dealer so don't know how well the dealer would have performed. Did all warranty repairs myself and GD sent me parts necessary to make repair; electric fireplace had defective proximity sensor(common problem with this model fireplace), water pump(check valve was allowing fresh water tank to over fill - if I had only know I could have adjusted check valve and corrected). I now have extra fireplace minus proximity sensor which wasn't necessary on my camper and spare water pump. They sent me another stereo but replacement had same issue as old one; digits on display are not clear; so I also have spare stereo. Most warranty repairs can be made by you in much less time it takes to hook up camper and take to dealer. Usually you have to leave camper; therefore another trip to dealer and more wasted time.

Grand Design customer service has to be one of the very best in the industry!!!!!!
    Our .02 We bought a used 2016 Solitude 379FL from a private owner in Florida. It was like new, still under warranty, and used maybe two weekends. We got the deal of the century! Unfortunately, the theater seating was mounted too close to the floor and totally destroyed the foot rests. The toilet valve wouldn't close fully unless the pedal was allowed to slam up. One drawer bottom was undersized. Grand Design sent me two new theater units, only these have heat, a new toilet, and a new drawer. I only requested parts. I repaired the original seats and put them on top of painted 2 X 6's to give the footrests clearance. We also fixed the toilet. Now we have two new theater seats and a toilet new in the boxes. Changing out the items would have been more work than the repairs. We installed the new drawer.

We feel that Grand design really took care of us and trusted our ability to make these repairs. Finding a dealer willing to work on a unit they did not sell is next to impossible, unless its in the middle of the off-season, even if it is warranty. Grand Design really took care of us.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We own a 2500RL and love it! Our GD dealer has been much better than the FR dealer. We asked the factory to swap the dinette with theater seating and they did at no extra cost. Love everything about the Imagine.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of input here-Absolute bottom line/Should there be any issues with coach try to reach customer service with other manufacturers -You will feel like a long long ball. Grand Design is second to none
    Nonbelievers
    Imagine 2600RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a long time of research, we decided on the 2500RL and are on our initial shake down trip. Actually, for the next 5 months! After about a month, here are our findings. 1. Where do you put a trash bin in the kitchen area? We don't like it out in the open. Ours currently resides in the shower when not in use. 2. TV swing arm mount is not a great design. I'm getting a stiff neck when seated in the recliner (closest to the door). Keep in mind these are personal "design dis-likes". As far as the coach itself goes, it's a great unit and a great choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan&Peggy View Post
    2. TV swing arm mount is not a great design. I'm getting a stiff neck when seated in the recliner (closest to the door).
    I feel your pain. When we were shopping around, my must have was a direct view of the TV.
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2020 2970RL with about 15 nights (5 trips) and 1,000 miles on it since last July. We have one minor warranty claim we just submitted, so I'll have some feedback on GD's customer service soon. As far as quality...I cannot be more pleased. There are a few upgrades needed to the suspension, but those would apply to any TT. We have used both air conditioners and the furnace...with no issues. The Imagine TT has a HUGE amount of basement storage with that drop frame, so your TV will need some decent payload. I use a GMC 2500HD. I will recommend that anyone owning a trailer get a good dehumidifier, especially in cool weather if you run the furnace. I was surprised how quickly you can get moisture running that sucker.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast