User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Very cool. We had toyed with the idea of putting the master in the back and letting our daughter have the front bedroom with some bunks up there. I may have to consider it even more now...

Please post some pics if you do go that route. I would love to see it.
    Will do, may be soon. Just got an offer on our house last night.

Here we go!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of years ago, I purchased a new 2018 Momentum 376. I started by going to the Grand Design factory to take a tour. One of the things that the tour convinced me to do was to buy the painted upgrade. Once I determined all of my upgrades/options, I got estimates from three different dealers. I probably saved $10,000 by doing this, but I did have to drive from my home 8 hours round trip to pick up the trailer. It took about six weeks between ordering the trailer and picking it up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had good luck w Lazy Days but that’s only my particular experience. In any case, be prepared to fully expect a full 30% off of MSRP and do your best to get more if manageable. If they try to stop at much less than 30%, go somewhere else and do not bite on the long term loan that they will surely try to get you to agree to. Personally I never go more than 84 months but of course it’s up to you. Best of luck!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One further point to consider; your trailer will inevitably will need to be serviced. The dealer you buy the trailer from will be the most receptive to servicing your trailer. Other dealers may make you wait weeks or months for servicing, or may refuse to do any servicing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s a fact!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have lived in my momentum 349 for over a year. It has gotten down to 14° here in Reno, and I haven't had any issues. I run on 2 electric heaters in the kitchen area with the garage door open because of the washer dryer water spickets. I took the partitioner down in the passthrough to expose the water pump and water lines so I could put an electric heater on a thermostat there to keep things toasty there as well. I love,love living in this trailer. I'm over 7 feet tall, and I don't have to duck for anything. I think you will be very comfortable due to things like the big refrigerator and large pantry. Good luck, and happy camping!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVAtoRVlife View Post
    I am, Richmond VA
    Welcome to the site and the GD family. I have heard nothing bad about General RV. Down here on the Peninsula (Newport News) we have Dodd RV as the GD dealer in Yorktown, where I bought my 2020 Imagine 2970RL. Could not have been more pleased with them, they are a family-owned business and great to work with.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full-timer advice

As a full timer for 9 mos. while still fully employed, my biggest suggestion is to do lots of YouTube “study” on all aspects of how these things work. We are newbies and boy did we get a rude awakening on how very little from traditional home ownership transfers over! We also bought our Solitude 380FL new and wish we had not. I’m still repairing, strengthening and shoring up things day-to-day. We thought the warranty would provide huge piece of mind but was not a panacea. Had to hire a lawyer to fight for a new Norcold 2118X fridge after three failures and long waits to get repairs done. Dealer tried to help but GD was not at all helpful and stepped away from the matter entirely. Next was a months long intermittent power issue that ultimately turned out to be the converter. Then a god-awful black tank plug a few weeks ago while I was traveling on business....my wife and visiting daughter bore the brunt...not a fun time! Still, if you’re handy with tools and know a bit about plumbing and electrical (and not trying to hold down a job with serious duties), there’s much to enjoy when things are working well. Strongly suggest considering slightly used over new as the 300 point PDI touted by GD ain’t as thorough and detailed as they would like you to believe. Feel free to PM me if you’d like to have a more extensive conversation on our adventures. Best of luck regardless!
    Last edited by Jimrbell; 12-29-2019 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are on our second Grand Design!
    First was an Imagine towable. Second is a Reflection 303RL 5th wheel! We have had very little trouble with either one. But Dealers are a different story! Have been to several General RV facilities in Florida and Michigan all where poor service and the Detroit store is the main office. General has very good sale and will deal on the price but poor service. We bought the 5th wheel from LaMesa in Sanford Florida. Sales and service have been GREAT! They even helped when we where on the road! We had good service experience in Knoxville, Tennessee at Lazy Days!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimrbell View Post
    As a full timer for 9 mos. while still fully employed, my biggest suggestion is to do lots of YouTube “study” on all aspects of how these things work. We are newbies and boy did we get a rude awakening on how very little from traditional home ownership transfers over! We also bought our Solitude 380FL new and wish we had not. I’m still repairing, strengthening and shoring up things day-to-day. We thought the warranty would provide huge piece of mind but was not a panacea. Had to hire a lawyer to fight for a new Norcold 2118X fridge after three failures and long waits to get repairs done. Dealer tried to help but GD was not at all helpful and stepped away from the matter entirely. Next was a months long intermittent power issue that ultimately turned out to be the converter. Then a god-awful black tank plug a few weeks ago while I was traveling on business....my wife and visiting daughter bore the brunt...not a fun time! Still, if you’re handy with tools and know a bit about plumbing and electrical (and not trying to hold down a job with serious duties), there’s much to enjoy when things are working well. Strongly suggest considering slightly used over new as the 300 point PDI touted by GD ain’t as thorough and detailed as they would like you to believe. Feel free to PM me if you’d like to have a more extensive conversation on our adventures. Best of luck regardless!
    From what I have seen from my dealer and GD; the dealer says he contacted GD, but really didn't.
    Always start by contacting your dealer and then back it up with a email to GD. Get as much as you can in writing from both parties.

We got the run around on our 2016's 380TH refrigerator from the dealer and Norcold. GD stepped in and got us a complete new frig.

Good luck. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast