User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just did a thing... Reflection 311BHS

We just pulled the trigger on a Reflection 311BHS after about 9 months of research and touring (and re-touring) various 5ers. Not new to the RV world, but our first 5er (my second, but it has been many years). Can’t wait to get the good weather and start using it!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats ..............
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. I like the DuffMan thing you got going on there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
    We just pulled the trigger on a Reflection 311BHS after about 9 months of research and touring (and re-touring) various 5ers. Not new to the RV world, but our first 5er (my second, but it has been many years). Can’t wait to get the good weather and start using it!
    CONGRATS DUFFMAN! we just did the same thing last weekend! we cant wait for it to be built and delivered! Crossing my fingers that GD is much better than most RV Manufacturers and actually take pride in their workman ship and quality! I have to say that from what I've seen so far in the models that we've toured I'm impressed with the quality of materials and general fit and finish!
    Tim and Melissa
    2020 311BHS
    2015 Ram Mega Dually Long Horn
    6.7 Cumm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DuffMan what vehicle are you using to tow it with? I am looking at the 311BHS too but need to get a new truck first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 311 BHS is not that heavy for a 37ft 5ER. IMO. You will like it I am sure. We love ours....Fit and finish was/ is excellent. 2017 model tho....
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2017 Chevy 3500 SRW. Purpose bought to be sure I was towing at 80% rather than 98% of capacity and SRW because when we full-time, it'll be our only vehicle and I want to be able to fit in a parking spot. For that reason, it is a CC Standard (6.5) bed and I'll be running a SuperGlide auto slider to keep the clearances good.

The GVWR of the 311 is 14k, so the right 2500/F250 could pull it, but I hate to push things to the limits. Just remember to check EVERY truck you look at, because options have a big impact on the tow ratings. For instance, most would say the 1-ton chevy is good for 30k+, but that is for a bare-bones, regular cab, etc. etc. Option it out like ours and you are at 17200... then add normal cargo and fuel and we are at 16700. So do your homework and do the math for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to the others that replied too. We looked long at hard and settled on 3 models. Two of them were Jayco and one GD. Once we eliminated the smallest Jayco we were looking at, we really started to compare features and space and they were pretty even. Ultimately, the GD won out for a couple reasons: I like the innovative features they have for the water/sewer system, the enclosed belly and a heavier build. Most of all, the GD just "felt" more like home when we walked into it. It's probably more a matter of design than straight build quality, although I went over the rig yesterday and couldn't actually find anything wrong with it for the tech to fix before delivery. Anyone who has done a good amount of shopping knows you find stuff in EVERY rig you walk through, so I was surprised I didn't see anything.

We did enough homework BEFORE we bought our truck to know what we could buy and still be safe towing the models that gave us interest. The GD is about 2K heavier than the Jayco, but still well within the limits of the truck and still light enough to give me no concern for towing.

We take delivery in about a week, but it'll go straight to storage. Just have to wait for the weather to break in CO to get out and use it! We can't wait!
    Last edited by DuffMan; 01-30-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new rig! Awesome - looks like you did your homework and bought the rig you wanted, and have the right truck to pull it. Plus, you have enough experience to be able to give good advise. Congrats and please continue to contribute to this group.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you and "Will Do!"

...and thanks for your service! Retired USAF enlisted, just waiting for the wife to retire from USAF as well. Can't wait to FT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast