User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic news on the recovery! What better Christmas gift can you have? Keep on keepin on! Have a Merry Christmas!
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Way to go Kim.
    Ill keep you in my thoughts. I too am a cancer survivor, but my story cant compare to what you have been going through.
    Wishing you the best
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year OOPS - Happy Birthday too
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Kim,

Our bestest, oldest friend has just gone through gene therapy. He said it "broke him". It is now 6 months later and he is almost 100%. Hair back, energy at about 75% and getting better.

This is a long hard road but you can make it. Attitude is a big indicator and yours is just right.

Good luck and welcome back.
    Jeff, I ain't broke yet but I am as hairless as a cue ball! Hair is highly overrated. I may be weak as a kitten but I'll fight like a tiger when I have to. I tell people I'm pretty damn tough. This experience has taught me that this is true.
    I learned how to push through adversity as a young wrestler. I was quite good at it. Never give up, there is always hope, take it to the limit. My rudder is set to keep my nose in the wind. The rough seas I've been through and am going through are blowing by. I want to be looking straight at the fruits of all this when they come! Keeping my eye on the prize - my grandson, my beautiful wife, my kids, Rving, motorcycling, traveling, trying to give back - constantly thinking of these things instead of the mayhem around me - have gotten my mind through this. Trust me, Ive had my eye on you guys nearly daily. I refuse to give up playtime, the good stuff. Two weeks before the transplant we bought a new Volvo so we'd have a nice new car afterwards. It's never too late for toys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kim, I have called you my Hero for all the help you have given me with my 315. But I now call you my HERO for your approach to life and the bumps that get thrown at us all. Some, like yours, is a lot bumpier that most of us face. Matter of fact I'd call yours not a bump, but a mountain in the road. Keep the faith, there are those of us out here that have you in our prayers and wish you only the best. Try to have a great Christmas and Holiday knowing there are many of us who care about you!!
    Bruce & Sue plus 1ea fluffy Chow Chow (Maggie)
    1999 Ford F350 CC Lariat 7.3L diesel Power Stroke
    2017 315 RLTS Purchased Sept 2018
    Reese Straight Line Trunion Weight Distribution
    2000 Mariah Z308 at Bull Frog Marina, Lake Powell

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollyb View Post
    Kim, I have called you my Hero for all the help you have given me with my 315. But I now call you my HERO for your approach to life and the bumps that get thrown at us all. Some, like yours, is a lot bumpier that most of us face. Matter of fact I'd call yours not a bump, but a mountain in the road. Keep the faith, there are those of us out here that have you in our prayers and wish you only the best. Try to have a great Christmas and Holiday knowing there are many of us who care about you!!
    Bruce, I am having a great Christmas season. I'm out of the hospital and going to spend time with my blessed family and friends including the light of my life, my 3 yo grandson Silas.

I'm no hero. I just try to keep my head up and see what tomorrow brings.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, my friend!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Kim, I know what you are going through. Had my Auto on Nov. 19th. Just got out of the halfway house. Been battling Multiple Myeloma for 8 years. This is my second transplant. Keep trying to get my treatments scheduled around my camping. Good luck on your recovery. We should be ready to roll by Spring!
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarnes4868 View Post
    Hey Kim, I know what you are going through. Had my Auto on Nov. 19th. Just got out of the halfway house. Been battling Multiple Myeloma for 8 years. This is my second transplant. Keep trying to get my treatments scheduled around my camping. Good luck on your recovery. We should be ready to roll by Spring!
    Your ability to keep on keepin' on is an inspiration to me. Bless you, brother.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's Hear It for My Wife!

I'm not going through this alone. My wife, Sharon, has been an absolutely tireless supporter and caregiver. When I was first diagnosed she said "Your job is to get well. I'll take care of the rest." She has been true to her word, schlepping me back and forth to clinic, attending every appointment. She spent 20 of the 22 nights in hospital in my room on a cot. Taken care of finances, home maintenance, cooking cleaning...………..everything. She single handedly moved our stuff to the halfway house including a tv so I can watch the Seahawks. I've just had to show up. It strikes me how difficult going through something like this must be for those less fortunate than me. Sharon doesn't speak frivolously and doesn't take her promises lightly. If she says she will do something it will be done. Oh yeah, in 2017 she had delicate brain surgery to fix an aneurysm that was attached to her optic nerve. Her recovery was remarkable.

I've expressed my sadness to her about putting her through all this. Her response was "It's just part of the deal, part of life".
    As I said before, I'm no hero. The real hero is this remarkable woman, Sharon. I'm one lucky son of a gun to have her as my wife, friend, caregiver, confidante and most important, My CAMPIN' PARTNER.

Raise a glass of whatever you prefer and give her a little toast. She's the best!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skol!
    To Kim & Sharon. Great news on your progress - we send you our best wishes. I look forward to sitting around a fire with you.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kim,
    Thanks for taking the time to post! You never know when someone will really need such an inspirational boost from a post such as yours. I sincerely wish you and Sharon a blessed Christmas and a quick recovery.

Payers for you and yours,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast