0 Thread(s)
    Merry Christmas and i raise my glass to one tough SOB! thats awesome news

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG Kim !!!

I had no idea you were going through this kind of medi-ordeal !!!

I had sent you a couple of PM's and wondered WHY I didn't hear back from ya ??
    NOW..I'm feelin kinda dumb about it all, since I'm not really a very avid participant on the site.

My sincerest wishes go out to you and Sharon, and I KNOW how important her support can be.
    You sound GREAT and your "CAN DO attitude" is an inspiration and will see you through this ordeal, with much help from the grace of God !!

I KNOW, somewhat, how you feel, firsthand, because in 2011/2012 I caught a food-borne E.Coli infection, that hospitalized me within 4 days and nearly killed me.
    I had never been sick a day in my life and suddenly.....BAM !!! Out of nowhere, It got me good !!!.
    Required two major surgeries, a month long stay in ICU isolation ward and a concoction of antibiotics that themselves almost did me in in !!

Then...of all things, my insurance company paid... and later denies payment of the $ 250,000 medical bills, claiming I was a victim of "biological terrorism" !!!
    There had been "cluster infections" in three adjoining counties and the CDC started an investigation, which gave these bastards a "way out" of medical coverage.
    They sent all the doctors and hospitals after ME for the $$$
    It took me two and a half years of appeals, lawyers, meditations, until, I even got my Congressman involved ...BUT, I NEVER quit and by the grace of God, I finally prevailed and they paid !!

Only someone who's lived in that moment can truly understand the sense of despair that one must command just to SURVIVE and muster the strength
    to get through such an ordeal... moment by moment, and one single day at a time !!

GOOD FOR YOU... MY BROTHER !!
    I'm PROUD of your WILL and FIGHT !!

Never give in and never give up...
    Enjoy these Holidays and your loved ones.
    You're gonna be just fine !!

Michael
    Last edited by Da Breeze; 12-23-2019 at 12:13 PM.
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    OMG Kim !!!

I had no idea you were going through this kind of medi-ordeal !!!

I had sent you a couple of PM's and wondered WHY I didn't hear back from ya ??
    NOW..I'm feelin kinda dumb about it all, since I'm not really a very avid participant on the site.

My sincerest wishes go out to you and Sharon, and I KNOW how important her support can be.
    You sound GREAT and your "CAN DO attitude" is an inspiration and will see you through this ordeal, with much help from the grace of God !!

I KNOW, somewhat, how you feel, firsthand, because in 2011/2012 I caught a food-borne E.Coli infection, that hospitalized me within 4 days and nearly killed me.
    I had never been sick a day in my life and suddenly.....BAM !!! Out of nowhere, It got me good !!!.
    Required two major surgeries, a month long stay in ICU isolation ward and a concoction of antibiotics that themselves almost did me in in !!

Then...of all things, my insurance company paid... and later denies payment of the $ 250,000 medical bills, claiming I was a victim of "biological terrorism" !!!
    There had been "cluster infections" in three adjoining counties and the CDC started an investigation, which gave these bastards a "way out" of medical coverage.
    They sent all the doctors and hospitals after ME for the $$$
    It took me two and a half years of appeals, lawyers, meditations, until, I even got my Congressman involved ...BUT, I NEVER quit and by the grace of God, I finally prevailed and they paid !!

Only someone who's lived in that moment can truly understand the sense of despair that one must command just to SURVIVE and muster the strength
    to get through such an ordeal... moment by moment, and one single day at a time !!

GOOD FOR YOU... MY BROTHER !!
    I'm PROUD of your WILL and FIGHT !!

Never give in and never give up...
    Enjoy these Holidays and your loved ones.
    You're gonna be just fine !!

Michael
    Hey Michael, good to hear from you! Our stories show that s#*t does indeed happen. I've really learned to savor those good moments as they come. Glad to hear your story had a good conclusion. Keep on keepin' on, my brotha!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Hey Michael, good to hear from you! Our stories show that s#*t does indeed happen. I've really learned to savor those good moments as they come. Glad to hear your story had a good conclusion. Keep on keepin' on, my brotha!

And with that….
    It is my profound honor to formally induct you as the latest member of the Survivors Club… Bad ****** Chapter !!
    This unique opportunity is afforded only to those who have stared into the abyss and defiantly refused to concede to that dark night.

We have no pride nor can we afford the luxury of fear.
    We have only our dignity and our passion…. to live !

We know not, why the World has chosen us (for this challenge), or why some rise, while others fall.
    The reason matters not.
    What does matter… is how we choose to respond.

A man can live a month without food, days without water but barely minutes without air. For those of us, who have faced the ultimate adversary,

HOPE…. is our air !!

Have a very Merry Christmas, my friend !!
    Michael
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome news.

You and I don't know each other, but I feel a kinship. Maybe more of a kinship to your wife, but a kinship nonetheless. About 20 years ago, my wife battled breast cancer. Kicked its AZZ more like it. It was tough seeing a loved one go through it, but she attacked it head on, just like you are doing. We went to the doc, doc told her the diagnosis.. She teared up a bit, and said "ok.. time to get busy". It had already started to metastasize, but with gods good grace and the skilled knowledge of the doctors (which God gave them), it's behind us.

I teared up again just writing this, because I know how much a loved one can mean going through this, and sounds like you and Sharon have a lot in common with Barb and I. It's a curve ball life threw us, and we deal with it head on.

Truly great news and keep pushing.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    And with that….
    It is my profound honor to formally induct you as the latest member of the Survivors Club… Bad ****** Chapter !!
    This unique opportunity is afforded only to those who have stared into the abyss and defiantly refused to concede to that dark night.

We have no pride nor can we afford the luxury of fear.
    We have only our dignity and our passion…. to live !

We know not, why the World has chosen us (for this challenge), or why some rise, while others fall.
    The reason matters not.
    What does matter… is how we choose to respond.

A man can live a month without food, days without water but barely minutes without air. For those of us, who have faced the ultimate adversary,

HOPE…. is our air !!

Have a very Merry Christmas, my friend !!
    Michael
    Thank you, Michael. I'm proud to be a member of the club. The alternative to fighting awaits us all eventually. To that I say - Not today, sir!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Awesome news.

You and I don't know each other, but I feel a kinship. Maybe more of a kinship to your wife, but a kinship nonetheless. About 20 years ago, my wife battled breast cancer. Kicked its AZZ more like it. It was tough seeing a loved one go through it, but she attacked it head on, just like you are doing. We went to the doc, doc told her the diagnosis.. She teared up a bit, and said "ok.. time to get busy". It had already started to metastasize, but with gods good grace and the skilled knowledge of the doctors (which God gave them), it's behind us.

I teared up again just writing this, because I know how much a loved one can mean going through this, and sounds like you and Sharon have a lot in common with Barb and I. It's a curve ball life threw us, and we deal with it head on.

Truly great news and keep pushing.

Mike
    Hi Mike! I felt fear and hope when this was first detected. It took several weeks to finally diagnose exactly what I had, a quite rare form of lymphoma. Those were tough times because there was no battle plan. Once a plan was formed it was full speed ahead, let's get it done. That was 3-1/2 years and a different cancer ago. The worst times have been when the path ahead was unknown. Once there was a plan there was only one direction to go. Any time you're in a fight there is the possibility of losing, but fight you must. I'm not out of the woods yet but I'm beginning to see light at the edge of the forest.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only imagine. The worst feeling has got to be not knowing what you're dealing with.

Keep pushing on and know that there's a whole slew of us here pulling for you.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We hope you well in recovery, a co-worker had a similar cancer battle and like you is recovering nicely and will be returning to duty very soon.

Safe travels, and enjoy yourselves.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast