Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Fireplace issues on 2018 303rls

Fireplace worked fine one day, then started flashing the "EE", I believe. Instruct book says to check vents for clearance. Being new to that Furrion, as our other Reflection 297rsts has a different product, I have no clue as to remedy. Help!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With RV fireplaces, it is more of a "when" rather than "if" it fails. I just wish Grand Design would offer cabinet door kits to fill the space after the fireplaces are removed and trashed.

My fireplace lasted maybe 5 trips. You can buy aftermarket fireplace heaters, however I don't know if they're any better than those OEM fireplaces. Most of our heating is done with small ceramic 110 volt heaters.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2014 model 303 and still have the original fireplace. We did replace the board in it once a couple of years ago. It works just fine and does get used.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might be getting an 88 error code. If so that means something is block the "eye" that locks out the unit if it is up against something, like if the slide is in. I found my unit to not have any blocks, but rather the oil on the fan on the blower was gumming up. I took a can of compressed air to spin the blower and that seems to work. Maybe with the colder weather that is the cause?
    Allyn & Sue
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F350 Lariat PS 6.7
    Andersen Ultimate Connection 2

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    With RV fireplaces, it is more of a "when" rather than "if" it fails. I just wish Grand Design would offer cabinet door kits to fill the space after the fireplaces are removed and trashed. My fireplace lasted maybe 5 trips. You can buy aftermarket fireplace heaters, however I don't know if they're any better than those OEM fireplaces. Most of our heating is done with small ceramic 110 volt heaters.
    Our late-2017-built 2018 Reflection's fireplace soon began failing intermittently with the 88 error code and was eventually replaced. I forget who told me - likely the dealer service manager - but someone told me that GD had a "mountain" of failed fireplace units in one of their buildings.

Our late-2018-built 2018 Solitude has a different unit and - touch wood - it still works fine. We use it a lot - my wife thinks 68 degrees is "freezing" and we have two small dogs, so the fireplace has run a whole lot of nights and many days during the ~6 months we've lived in the trailer in southern-U.S. winter and southern-Canada fall.

Sorry, I don't know the manufacturers of the two units but if @Bill G gets the latter unit as a replacement its failure might be less-certain.

If his fireplace is not under warranty and he wants to save on replacing its heat we have an inexpensive (~$25) ceramic heater from Ace Hardware in addition to the fireplace and it's quite effective... puts out at least as much heat as the fireplace if not more.

Now that I've reported this our fireplace will fail soon.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch