User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outdoor Lighting

We're pretty disappointed that Grand Design neglected to put outdoor LED lighting on the right-hand slide under the rear awning on our 2020 Imagine 2970RL. It's pretty dark at the rear of the rig, especially since the slide blocks the light from the front awning LED strip.

Has anyone come up with a good lighting option for the rear awning / slide?

Mike

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be a job. As far as I can tell you would need to get a 12 Volt supply into the slide from the wire bundle that feeds the slide. It in the bundle because it feeds the lights in the dining area. You could run the wiring up the awning rails to power led strip. Next thing figuring out where to place the switch. I agree with you and have been thinking about it too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokensalem View Post
    It would be a job. As far as I can tell you would need to get a 12 Volt supply into the slide from the wire bundle that feeds the slide. It in the bundle because it feeds the lights in the dining area. You could run the wiring up the awning rails to power led strip. Next thing figuring out where to place the switch. I agree with you and have been thinking about it too.
    I have seen where people have done this. I see no reason why u can’t take the 12v feed from the existing awning lights and it would work off the existing switch
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic