User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadlife View Post
    Ok for anyone following, I finished this “repair” by installing a new filter assembly. Found locally for $12.98, the same pump next to it was $92. Installed, applied plumbers tape to both ends and made sure bowl was down as recommended above. (For curiosity I tried to skip the filter but the pump wouldn’t prime without it)

Wow, must of had a leak a long time because the water pressure is noticeably higher, there is no burping, and the water comes out smooth and clear. Anyone having any anomalies should check it out, as the original gasket wasn’t even seated correctly. Good luck.
    Just curious, do those fittings need plumber's tape? I had read elsewhere that they don't need tape, so this got me wondering. Do those fittings have the cone seal inside them?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyandJoe View Post
    Can you use the Sureflo pump with the nautilus p1 system.
    Yes, absolutely. If you have the cheap yellow Lippert pump now, a Shurflo model like the one I flagged above will be a plug-and-play replacement for it. Quick easy install for a much better pump.

A tip for using the forum: whenever you post a question or a comment, if you want someone in the thread to see it use the Reply With Quote link found at the bottom of every message in the thread. That's especially important if you're responding in an older thread like this one - the last post before yours was published in February.

When you use that link the text of the message you're responding to appears in your question or response, improving context of your participation, and even more importantly it causes an alert to be sent to the person whose post you are asking about or commenting on. You got an alert about this message in the upper right corner of the site, right?

Welcome to the forum! Good luck choosing and installing your new pump.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Just curious, do those fittings need plumber's tape? I had read elsewhere that they don't need tape, so this got me wondering. Do those fittings have the cone seal inside them?
    If you're asking about the input and output lines that attach to the pump, they do have the cone seal fittings and should not need tape.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadlife View Post
    Ok for anyone following, I finished this “repair” by installing a new filter assembly. Found locally for $12.98, the same pump next to it was $92. Installed, applied plumbers tape to both ends and made sure bowl was down as recommended above. (For curiosity I tried to skip the filter but the pump wouldn’t prime without it)

Wow, must of had a leak a long time because the water pressure is noticeably higher, there is no burping, and the water comes out smooth and clear. Anyone having any anomalies should check it out, as the original gasket wasn’t even seated correctly. Good luck.
    After I got my first previously owned TT I was going through things and found the pump wouldn't prime or draw water. I'm a mechanic I sez and started digging into the system. When I removed the filter bowl, which was installed canted, I found lots of small spider cracks. It seems the previous owner didn't do a good job flushing the system and the bowl installed like it was probably trapped water which froze. These small cracks were enough to draw air and stop the prime. Replaced correctly with a new filter and was singing in shower next trip out.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12