Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Pump recommdations

Quick question.
    Looks like I will need to replace my water pump.
    The factory FlowMax has an intermittent small leak that I haven't been able to pinpoint. Looking for recommendations on a replacement.
    Thx
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What makes you think the pump is leaking? Do you see water collecting somewhere or do you hear the pump cycling?

If it is cycling, it could be something other than an internal pump leak. (e.g., Nautilis panel valve leaking by, air entering the system, prob by the water pump inlet strainer, etc.)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The puddle of water under the pump was the giveaway
    All the fittings were dry but there was a trace of moisture under the pressure switch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4373.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	23941
    Last edited by KamFlyer; 12-21-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, that sure is a giveaway of a leak!

You could always try to remove the pressure switch and see if there is a damaged or pinched gasket and then replace. Or look up your specific water pump model and see if they have repair kits or new pressure switches.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Yup, that sure is a giveaway of a leak!

You could always try to remove the pressure switch and see if there is a damaged or pinched gasket and then replace. Or look up your specific water pump model and see if they have repair kits or new pressure switches.

FT4NOW is correct. These pumps are easy to rebuild. I also noticed that the water filter is upside down. It will work better with the clear bowl down.
    Last edited by Silverbeard; 12-21-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KamFlyer View Post
    Looks like I will need to replace my water pump. Looking for recommendations on a replacement.
    Until recently we had used our water pump only during winterization. Our 2018 Reflection was VERY reluctant to suck anti-freeze, but after stacking up the various tricks that can be found in this forum I did get it to work, weakly. Our 2018 Solitude would not suck antifreeze no matter what I did. The Solitude, and I suspect the Reflection too, had the cheap Lippert pump that you have.

Even though under warranty I didn't want another one so I bought this one from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-4008-...s%2C180&sr=8-4

There may be a later/better model now - I've just noticed Amazon is not carrying it directly anymore - but the brand is highly respected and found in countless RVs.

The pump was a quick and easy install and almost as soon as I flipped the switch it began sucking antifreeze like a champ. Months later we began using it dry-camping for the first time. Pretty quiet, good flow, no unnecessary cycling, very satisfied.
    Last edited by boyscout; 12-21-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same model pictured above, but that clear bowl appears to have a split in it. Any ideas where to get a replacement? Camping on a farm in Georgia, not full hookups, could use some help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AF76BE81-3400-415F-92BD-EAA4A5D80AAE.jpg  

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found local LCI dealer who sells just the filter section of the assembly. Will pickup tomorrow, disaster avoided.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok for anyone following, I finished this “repair” by installing a new filter assembly. Found locally for $12.98, the same pump next to it was $92. Installed, applied plumbers tape to both ends and made sure bowl was down as recommended above. (For curiosity I tried to skip the filter but the pump wouldn’t prime without it)

Wow, must of had a leak a long time because the water pressure is noticeably higher, there is no burping, and the water comes out smooth and clear. Anyone having any anomalies should check it out, as the original gasket wasn’t even seated correctly. Good luck.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you use the Sureflo pump with the nautilus p1 system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast