Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    It's time to think accessories. Might I suggest Wheel to Wheel running boards.

I love my roll top bed cover. There are several makes out there. It is rigid so you can put stuff on top of it if you want and it locks making the bed of your truck a really big trunk when you are not towing.
    Dallas we think alike lol. The Platinum comes with the power running boards, I love them on my 350 so I'll stick with those. I put the Retrax roll up metal tonneau cover on my current truck about 6 months ago and plan to transfer it to the new truck when it arrives, along with the B&W hitch for the factory pucks. The biggest accessory I'll work on will be the Ford TPMS and camera for the trailer, I added it when I ordered the truck so it will come in a box in the truck. I can't wait to try that out! Within the next year I'll add the front mount receiver hitch so I can carry a Honda Monkee up front, had a Trail 90 as a kid and the Monkey looks just like it, will be a fun campground toy lol! Ordered the truck with the heavy service front suspension so it will have the 6000 pound front axle rating just for this purpose, hitch and rack and bike will add about 400 pounds to the front end.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new F450! We just ordered at 2020 F350 which sounds like might be about the same time as yours. We'll be selling our F250. Wish we had known then what we know now Gonna be a fun year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last truck I ordered took 4 months to come in and it drove me nuts waiting but the wait was worth it! Bought my current one not long after the '17's came out off the dealer's lot. Made the deal the same day...it helped to have my wife with me and not just tire kickin'!! No problems in the 3 yrs I've had it and it pulls our Solitude easily and safely. This one will have to last awhile since I'm retired and have no desire to pay off another truck. Best of luck with you guys waiting on your new rides!!
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you...we're excited. The DW & I are about 2-4 years from retirement. Sure hope Ford's delivery service has improved
    Stephen & Kerri
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 4X4 Lariat
    Reese Goosebox

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Dallas we think alike lol. The biggest accessory I'll work on will be ... and camera for the trailer,
    We do think along the same lines. We have been motorcyclists since before we went full time. The bikes have morphed; Yamaha XT225, XT250, to Suzuki DR650 Honda CT110 trail, Kymco 150 Spade and last summer all boiled down into Harley Davidson XG750 Street, a little compact street Harley. Of course the motorcycles is the biggest reason we went with the Momentum 376, love the garage to keep the bikes out of the weather. If you haven't bought the Monkey yet look at the Kymco Spade, part of the new micro-bike fad. DW just didn't ride it enough in the year we had it, so got the little Harley. She can still ride it on her own, but it's enough bike for us to double up on.

I am a cheap fellow, got the STX model Ford, just can't justify the extra 20k for the gizmos on the Platinum. While the retracting runners are super nice, just looked like something else that would need to fixed down the road for me. Ok, I admit, I keep an eagle eye on my electric windows thinking they will fail any day also. But I love wheelbase to wheelbase, I step up on that runner a lot while hitching.

I am particularly interested in how the camera works out. My STX may not be compatible, it's the base model after all. It's got pretty decent cameras, better than what I expected and I am slowly learning how to utilize them. But DW has failed me a couple of times in the last few years. I simply cannot understand why she is not enthusiastic about being my backup guide during torrential downpours nor blinding blizzards. Keeps whining about cold and wet and refuses to leave the comfort of the truck cab. I don't get it. But I do get that I am in/out of the truck 43 times in said conditions trying to get the rv situated just so. So maybe, just maybe, some type of camera on the back of the RV could be of some use. The ones I looked at 8 years ago were pretty poor. So I have begun researching, the biggest question is whether or not I can get it displayed on the television in my new truck, or not.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yaay just got the VIN number this morning! It's scheduled to be built Thursday Feb 13th and will be the 333rd 2020 F450 off the line, very early production. Should be here end of Feb. Nice!!
    Jeff

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yaay just got the VIN number this morning! It's scheduled to be built Thursday Feb 13th and will be the 333rd 2020 F450 off the line, very early production. Should be here end of Feb. Nice!!
    Well at least its not being built on Friday the 13th...
    I'm sure your anxious as we are to see it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update! My F450 arrived at the rail yard yesterday yaay! I plan to pick it up myself and watch them unload it this morning, will post pics later today. I feel like a 5 yr old on Christmas morning! lol
    Jeff

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update! My F450 arrived at the rail yard yesterday yaay!
    WhooHoo! Congrats! Let us know how the trailer TPMS system works. I had this on my 2019 and it worked fine. But, I've heard the trailer TPMS system for 2020 is different. In fact, I've heard the trailer TPMS kit isn't arriving with trucks for those who ordered it and dealers have it backordered. Lots of rumors. My new truck should arrive in the next week or so :-)
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast