User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    This is a great recommendation. The hitch receiver that comes with Ford SD's is maxed at 1500 pin weight. My 315RLTS can be as high as 1650lb so I replaced it with a Reese hitch receiver rated much higher - got it from etrailer.com. Simple swap as it took less that 20 minutes and that was mostly finding my tools.
    The new super duties, 2017 and up, have a max tongue weight of 2100lbs and a max trailer weight of 21K, Weight dist or not.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    The new super duties, 2017 and up, have a max tongue weight of 2100lbs and a max trailer weight of 21K, Weight dist or not.
    My 2017 F250 6.7 CC didn't come with a class V hitch receiver. Mine came with a Class IV receiver rated for 1500 tw.

While searching for a solution for the trailer safety hooks being too big for the receiver I stumbled onto a post that warned that some SD's had the class IV hitch instead of the class V hitch receiver. After looking, sure enough, I got the class IV hitch - thus, prompting me to change to an aftermarket.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should check the capacities for all your components of your hitch assembly....determine the weak link. Can you purchase the correct spring bars and keep the rest of the hitch?

I would definitely agree with some of the others regarding a Blue-Ox hitch. We had the Equalizer on our previous camper, currently we have a GD 315RLTS with the Blue-Ox setup. No noise and easy set up. Our trailer has a loaded tongue weight of 1750 pounds. It is good you payed attention to your setup and weighed your camper.

Be careful moving your load to the rear to reduce tongue weight, it can create handling issues.
    Enjoy your travels and the New Year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    My 2017 F250 6.7 CC didn't come with a class V hitch receiver. Mine came with a Class IV receiver rated for 1500 tw.

While searching for a solution for the trailer safety hooks being too big for the receiver I stumbled onto a post that warned that some SD's had the class IV hitch instead of the class V hitch receiver. After looking, sure enough, I got the class IV hitch - thus, prompting me to change to an aftermarket.
    Was not aware they used different hitch receivers....Thanks
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your comments. First, warning to TT buyers. Make sure the dealer installs a WD hitch for your trailer including loaded. My dealer sold me a 1200/12000 WD hitch which is not including loaded weight. However it does meet the 10999 GVWR but not the heavy TW. Second, be informed about the TT you are about to purchase. I was ignorant believing that my TW would only be 1100 as the broucher noted. I thought I was safe.
    Finally, I had a Drawtite 2000/20000 rated hitch on my 2013 GMC Sierra HD. Then installed a Blue Ox Pro rated at 2000/20000; 21000/21000 WD. I am now assured that my equipment is rated for my trailer. Again, thank you for the help and support. This is a great forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12