User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey skiddy, yeah, I agree the 2450/2500 is too much trailer for me. I looked up the 2150 rb,and it looked like another option. Its actually a little longer than the 22mle, but weights are super close.
    Chris

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cash4trash View Post
    Sounds like a nice truck. I ordered a retrax tonneau, but haven't installed it yet. I'm glad that mine had a spray in bed liner already because I'd be buying one for sure. On the warranty: you got lucky, I heard, but not sure that in 2019 they went to 8 yr/125.. I bought mine online from Ziegler dodge. Price was way less than my dealership.

Chris
    Yeah, great truck! One of my favorites through the many I've owned. I also bought the warranty after the sale from Ziegler on the very last day it was offered. Considering what I paid, versus items covered, term covered, and how long I keep trucks I like, and NO RAM dealer will ever debate it being a Mopar program, it's a bargain.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geo, how's the equalizer tow? Ive never used a bumper pull trailer..
    Chris
    Fantastic! Design is based on simple premises of spring tension and friction. As with all WDH models, a trip to the truck scales when trailer snd tow vehicle are loaded in camping form will be needed to fine-tune the weight distribution. It's a bulletproof design that just works. The only comment you will hear about the Equal-i-zer is that it can be noisy in the campground, but it is relying on solid, metal-to-metal contact and the noise should be expected. The hitch was great when towing with my 1500 pickups or 2500 SUVs - no trailer sway, and when a semi passing pushed, the push was as if TV and TT were unitized.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Yeah, great truck! One of my favorites through the many I've owned. I also bought the warranty after the sale from Ziegler on the very last day it was offered. Considering what I paid, versus items covered, term covered, and how long I keep trucks I like, and NO RAM dealer will ever debate it being a Mopar program, it's a bargain.
    No doubt! I had a 07 mega cab Laramie and this truck is light years away from that one! Problem was that truck was the 6.7 Cummins with a Dpf. Nothing but problems! I had to lemon that one. Had a Toyota for eight years, and it struggled to pull my boat, so I took a chance on the ram.. Amazing ride, and looks great!

Chris

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. I think Ive narrowed down my choices between the equalizer and the Andersen.

Andersen only weighs about 60 lbs and weight is a premium because of my low payload.
    Chris

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Geo. yep, mine has the huge sunroof, and it's awesome The door sticker says 1320, which is 500 lbs less than the RAM website. I'm guessing it's because of the 22" low profile tires. So, those won't be changed until wore out. I talked to Pro Pride, and they said that hitch is almost 200 lbs!!!

How you like your truck? I've had mine a month, and it needs a rack a pinion already. lol

Chris
    The payload is what it is because of all the goodies you have in the truck, not just the 22" tires. Changing tires / wheels springs or whatever doesn't increase your payload either. I saw you mentioned an Equal-i-Zer hitch. I was happy with one when I had my my old TT. It took a little tuning to get it right but once there it worked great. Blue-Ox is another one that will serve well. Don't be afraid to spend money for a good hitch, it's worth it in peace of mind and safety. BTW if you are in an area where Craigslist is active keep an eye out for a bargain. This seems to be an obsession that some people go all in on and then figure out they don't really like it, so good pre-owned equipment comes up often.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind when looking for a trailer, the advertised hitch weight is dry. Meaning no batteries, propane or anything. I say this because it's what cost me to go from my Ecodiesel to a 2500 Cummins. My 2600RB shows a hitch weight of 594 and my camp ready w/o water hitch weight is 825, some reporting upwards of 1000lbs. My 1500s payload was 1100 so my trailer chewed up almost all without sitting in the truck.
    I sure miss my Ecodiesel and my lack of due diligence on my part was to blame.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    suggest you look at the 2250RK. about 5700 empty and 7k max

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks wicked, Yeah, I realize I can't do much to increase payload on this truck. The only thing would be to get a load carrying tire, I'm sure that would help some. On the hitch, I like the Andersen because of weight and simplicity. The prices on these hitches are around $600, which is comparable to equalizer and blue ox. I'm in Fremont, which is between San Francisco, and San Jose, so plenty Craigslist ads
    Chris

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks schifswret, I'll check that one out

Chris

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast