User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2250RK. Factory shows it to be 515 lbs hitch weight and 6,995 max weight.

I was pulling it with an F-150 Ecoboost with 355 gear ratio. The truck was rated to pull 10,700 and the door sticker showed a payload of 1,850. I recently traded the truck for an F-250 because it was spooky pulling with the F-150. I had a lot of and significant trailer sway. Power wise I had no problem with the weight but the suspension was not sufficient to handle the weight at speed

My point is be sure your tow vehicle can safely handle the weight of the trailer as changing trucks is not a cheap experience.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks lemmons. Yeah, I'm kinda limited to what I can tow with this truck. Wish I would have checked the numbers better, but the truck is great for commuting compared to a 2500 RAM. Wife loves the Imagine 2500, but it's waaaay to much trailer for this truck. You mentioned trailer sway, what hitch do you tow with?

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the equalizer hitch. It was hard to tell I had anything on it with the F-150. Seeing 2/3’s of your trailer in the side mirror is a little unnerving.

That was the truck and not the hitch. That nice soft ride you get in an F-150 is great for just running around but not so great for pulling the trailer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, my truck has the air ride suspension, so rides great. A different truck is not in the plan, so I have to stay within it's limits. I was thinking of the 22 MLE because it's almost 3 ft shorter than the 2250, but I definitely like that floorplan.

Chris

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can chime in....I have a 2018 Imagine 2670MK, towing with a 2015 F150 Super Crew Lariat, 3.5 EB with max tow. Your problem will be payload. Sway can be eliminated. My last trailer was a Rockwood Roo 23ikss at 5880 lbs. I fought sway on the highway every time I went over 60 mph. I adjusted everything, bought new LT tires, could not get rid of it. I had a Blue Ox SwayPro. I had pulled this same trailer previously with a Toyota Sequoia, no issues whatever.

After researching everything, and deciding I did not want or need a Superduty, I pulled the plug on a Hensley hitch (same as ProPride). The sway is 100% gone, period. Last fall I traded the Rockwood for the Imagine. I pulled it home from the dealer with the hitch that was included, a Husky Centerline. Tail wagged the dog all the way home on the highway. Got it home, installed my Hensley, went back up on the highway, no sway.

I am at the limits with this truck/trailer combination as far as payload and axle ratings, and about 3500 lbs under on the GCVWR. The EcoBoost has power to spare. The Hensley, although heavy and expensive, made the difference. The Imagine 2670MK is known for having a light tongue weight to trailer weight ratio, and the hitch will correct for that as far as keeping the hitch close to 10%.

Too bad you are not closer (I am in Mass.). I have a Blue Ox SwayPro and a Husky Centerline for sale....

Best of luck whatever trailer you decide to go with. Take it slow and safe and enjoy!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mister, Yeah, I agree. The payload is only 1330 because of the sunroof and the 22 inch highway tires. I have researched the Hensley and Pro Pride, and they're very similar. I spoke to Sean, who's president and Brent who's the GM . They're very helpful, and recommend the 1400lb hitch, and price is around$ 3,000. Yes, it's expensive, but if it makes the huge difference that everyone says it might be worth it. My issue is the weight. The Pro Pride is almost 200 pounds verses the Andersen at 60 pounds. My truck has the auto levelling, so the sagging shouldn't be an issue.

Chris

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cash4trash View Post
    Thanks Mister, Yeah, I agree. The payload is only 1330 because of the sunroof and the 22 inch highway tires. I have researched the Hensley and Pro Pride, and they're very similar. I spoke to Sean, who's president and Brent who's the GM . They're very helpful, and recommend the 1400lb hitch, and price is around$ 3,000. Yes, it's expensive, but if it makes the huge difference that everyone says it might be worth it. My issue is the weight. The Pro Pride is almost 200 pounds verses the Andersen at 60 pounds. My truck has the auto levelling, so the sagging shouldn't be an issue.

Chris
    I have no experience with that Andersen receiver hitch but it doesn't seem to have a great following. Take some time and go look through posts in the tow / haul sections of the three US manufacturer's forums and see what you can learn from other's experience. I know the weight is a concern but you aren't really saving that much. You could also plan to carry more in the trailer than the bed or cab to shift weight back.
    Also I want to add the auto level will be a big help and hindrance. I was towing my previous TT using an Equal-i-zer with a Grand Cherokee Summit that has Quadra-Lift, pretty much the same as yours. It's great at keeping your tow vehicle level when hooked up. With the auto level you can't tell by measuring that the hitch is close to proper distribution, you really need to weigh it. Fortunately for me there is a quarry near by that leaves the scale on, I asked and was allowed to use it on Sundays when operations were down.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 12-29-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Wicked. Yeah, I read the install manual on the ProPride. It says you must disable leveling system when setting up. Not sure how to do this, but I'm sure that Sean could help me out

Chris

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a F-150 CCSB with a payload of 1976 lbs on the yellow door sticker. I bought a 2800bh and was well under the trucks payload numbers. Had a BlueOx. The trailer wagged the truck where it was scary.

I changed weight bars on the BkueOx to 1400 lbs, no improvement
    Added Airbags and compressor to the truck, no improvement
    Bought and installed a Propride- 80% improvement but still some serious wagging. I was constantly looking in the rear view mirror and anytime a truck passed I was sucked and wagged.

I returned the Propride under Sean’s 60 day money back policy. It cost me $200 in shipping to return and didn’t get shipping to me reimbursed

I sold the 3 month old F-150 to my wife’s brother who tows a small boat, and I bought a Ford F-350 diesel. I traded in the 3 month old 2800bh and bought a Reflection 337RLS which tows like its not back there.

That was almost 3 years ago and I have no regrets.

You can never have too much truck, but you can easily have too little.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cash4trash View Post
    Yep, my truck has the air ride suspension, so rides great. A different truck is not in the plan, so I have to stay within it's limits. I was thinking of the 22 MLE because it's almost 3 ft shorter than the 2250, but I definitely like that floorplan.

Chris
    We recently purchased a 22 MLE and we love it I tow it with a GMC 1500 Denali with the standard bed and 6.2L engine, 8 speed trans with magnetic ride. I use and eazi-lift hitch with 1,000 lb bars, with zero issues. My truck is rated to tow 9,000 lbs, so weight is not an issue. Haven't determined the hitch weight yet...next project

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast