User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Chris, I tow with a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited-5.7 hemi-limited slip-3.92 diff-33 gal fuel & pull a 2800BH w/blue ox sway pro 1000. rated @ 1521 payload & 11560 lb towing capacity. I have no issues @ 60mph. Above 60 mph ,with side wind ,with passing semi trucks, I get pushed & pulled sideways BUT as 1 unit not a tail wagging the dog! I've added a pace Edwards tonneau cover to the truck bed & lots of remodeling to the TT, & couldn't be happier . It's my 1st experience with a TT & it offers so much comfort I can't hardly believe it's bargain value. The blue ox is simple to install & weighs less than 1/2 of the pro pride.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Chris, I tow with a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited-5.7 hemi-limited slip-3.92 diff-33 gal fuel & pull a 2800BH w/blue ox sway pro 1000. rated @ 1521 payload & 11560 lb towing capacity. I have no issues @ 60mph. Above 60 mph ,with side wind ,with passing semi trucks, I get pushed & pulled sideways BUT as 1 unit not a tail wagging the dog! I've added a pace Edwards tonneau cover to the truck bed & lots of remodeling to the TT, & couldn't be happier . It's my 1st experience with a TT & it offers so much comfort I can't hardly believe it's bargain value. The blue ox is simple to install & weighs less than 1/2 of the pro pride.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshdw View Post
    Keep in mind when looking for a trailer, the advertised hitch weight is dry. Meaning no batteries, propane or anything. I say this because it's what cost me to go from my Ecodiesel to a 2500 Cummins. My 2600RB shows a hitch weight of 594 and my camp ready w/o water hitch weight is 825, some reporting upwards of 1000lbs. My 1500s payload was 1100 so my trailer chewed up almost all without sitting in the truck.
    I sure miss my Ecodiesel and my lack of due diligence on my part was to blame.
    I'm glad to read real world numbers about the 2600rb. That's what I'm getting and will pull it with a Nissan Titan. The Titan has a tongue weight rating of 924 so I wanted to keep the hitch weight under 900. It has a payload capacity of 1488. It's just me and the wife and it'll be used for long weekends so nothing will be over packed. I should be able to keep our cargo under 1488.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    I'm glad to read real world numbers about the 2600rb. That's what I'm getting and will pull it with a Nissan Titan. The Titan has a tongue weight rating of 924 so I wanted to keep the hitch weight under 900. It has a payload capacity of 1488. It's just me and the wife and it'll be used for long weekends so nothing will be over packed. I should be able to keep our cargo under 1488.
    Just looked at a VWIS from a 2020 2600RB:
    GVWR - 7850
    GAWR - 8800 all axles
    UVW - 6116
    Hitch - 620
    Street side - 2838
    Curb side - 2658
    CCC - 1694

CCC does not include battery or any water/waste. Assuming a full hot water tank (50 pounds water), 100 pounds of fresh water/waste (gallon or two in the waste tanks, maybe 10 gallons in fresh), 50 pounds for a battery. The CCC is reduced by 200 pounds, resulting in a CCC of 1494. CAT scale results will give a more accurate picture.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Just looked at a VWIS from a 2020 2600RB:
    GVWR - 7850
    GAWR - 8800 all axles
    UVW - 6116
    Hitch - 620
    Street side - 2838
    Curb side - 2658
    CCC - 1694

CCC does not include battery or any water/waste. Assuming a full hot water tank (50 pounds water), 100 pounds of fresh water/waste (gallon or two in the waste tanks, maybe 10 gallons in fresh), 50 pounds for a battery. The CCC is reduced by 200 pounds, resulting in a CCC of 1494. CAT scale results will give a more accurate picture.
    Being new to all this - what does VWIS stand for and what does CCC stand for?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda decided on the 22rbe. I also like the 2250rk, but its 2ft longer and heavier than the rbe.
    Also, on the hitch, I'm trying to decide between the equalizer or the Andersen. Any thoughts? I like the pro pride as well, but extra weight might be too much along with the cost.
    Chris

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    Being new to all this - what does VWIS stand for and what does CCC stand for?
    Vehicle Weight Information Sheet. In the black pouch of documentation supplied with every trailer is a sheet showing the actual weights of the specific unit as it leaves the factory. If you are looking at a specific unit, the dealer can show you.
    CCC - Cargo Carrying Capacity, this is the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (maximum set by design) minus the Unloaded Vehicle Weight (UVW)-40 pounds for propane. The empty tanks are in the UVW. For the VWIS noted above, 7850-(6116+40)=1694. GVWR-(UVW+weight of Liquid Propane Gas)
    Judy & Larry
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cash4trash View Post
    Kinda decided on the 22rbe. I also like the 2250rk, but its 2ft longer and heavier than the rbe.
    Also, on the hitch, I'm trying to decide between the equalizer or the Andersen. Any thoughts? I like the pro pride as well, but extra weight might be too much along with the cost.
    Chris

I have two years, 8000km on an Andersen hitch. Quieter and works as well as an equalizer I had with previous rigs. It is easy to set up, a breeze to attach and stores easily when not in use. The chains fold up whereas trunnions or spring bars do not. The Propride is very good, possibly the best, however the price reflects that quality. The Andersen does not require any ball grease, for a klutz like me, who invariably grabbed my equalizer ball without gloves........
    Judy & Larry

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    I have two years, 8000km on an Andersen hitch. Quieter and works as well as an equalizer I had with previous rigs. It is easy to set up, a breeze to attach and stores easily when not in use. The chains fold up whereas trunnions or spring bars do not. The Propride is very good, possibly the best, however the price reflects that quality. The Andersen does not require any ball grease, for a klutz like me, who invariably grabbed my equalizer ball without gloves........
    thanks skiddy. So how does the weight distribution work? I watched Anderson videos and he doesn't say anything about measurements except ball to hitch. Oh, he does mention to turn pressure four times against the bushings.

Thanks,
    Chris

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We recommend the BLUE OX SWAY PRO. It has a lifetime warranty. The steel is chrome molly which is somewhat forgiving, giving you added cushion. Other models are a case hardened steel...not forgiving at all. Blue Ox does not use the side mounted sway control/friction bar, which can bend if you forget to remove it during reverse maneuvers. We've researched many options, some less expensive, some more. The BLUE OX SWAY PRO is what we recommend and I would encourage my family to use. Cheaper is not better...BETTER IS BETTER
    Scott M. Barlag
    Burns Harbor, IN

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast