User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s been awhile since I’ve been up there but the last two times I was, I didn’t see anything. I’ve also put another layer of caulk around the seams for good measure. Fingers crossed.
    2015 Ram 3500 DRW Mega Cab Short Bed
    2019 Solitude 3350RL

Me, my wife (early 30’s), a dog, and a cat.
    Instagram: StillCamping

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokulele View Post
    How's the condition of your skylight now? I just arrived in Tucson and discovered the same thing on my Reflection 26rl-skylight above kitchen island and adjacent to the Maxx fan. No apparent leak or bubbling inside. Thought I'd check on the forum and found your post. I'm set up at Voyager RV for 6 weeks and dread having to break camp to resolve this-don't know if I can DIY. Any info appreciated. Peter
    There are a number of mobile RV guys in the Tucson area. When we were there a few years ago, we used Ken Cameron and he did great work. Not sure he is still doing that work but there were others recommended to us.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StillCamping View Post
    Hello everyone,

Awhile ago (few months) I was on the roof looking things over. I noticed some condensation in the kitchen skylight. I guess I didn’t think anything of it and figured it’d clear up on its own. Fast forward to now I’m noticing some ..bubbling? On the wood finish (the plastic sticker looking finish on all the wood trim) that goes around the skylight on the inside. Is the condensation leaking inside? The skylight is two layers (one on the outside and one on the inside and the condensation builds up between them). How do I prevent this? Is there an air leak between the two pieces allowing condensation to form? Or are they not sealed pieces? The caulking on the roof looks fine to me but I’m going to go back up tomorrow and take a second look.

Attachment 23944

Attachment 23945
    We have the same problem 2020 3740BH. When the trim was installed it was nailed into the skylight. We had both skylights replaced here in Colorado Springs and the roof inspected and now it's worse! I'm terrified this is going to end up a much bigger problem. Any way to check for leaks besides visual inspection? It'll
    be rainy season soon

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomadpad View Post
    We have the same problem 2020 3740BH. When the trim was installed it was nailed into the skylight. We had both skylights replaced here in Colorado Springs and the roof inspected and now it's worse! I'm terrified this is going to end up a much bigger problem. Any way to check for leaks besides visual inspection? It'll
    be rainy season soon
    Have someone with the Seal-tech system do a pressure test. They pressurize your RV and then use a soapy solution looking for bubbles on the seals and then seal the areas that leak. Best way to confirm no leaks.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Have someone with the Seal-tech system do a pressure test. They pressurize your RV and then use a soapy solution looking for bubbles on the seals and then seal the areas that leak. Best way to confirm no leaks.

Rob
    Thanks, we'll do that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12