User Tag List

Thread: New 2020 320G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2020 320G

Hi All,
    Just picked up my new 320G Friday. Towing it with a 2019 F350 Dually. Taking it to Quartz site Arizona 19 Jan for 6 weeks of boon dock camping. While i'm there I will get solar installed and change the batteries to 3 Lithium Ion. That should make me able to be off the grid.... This will also give me plenty of time to install other items to get the rig ready to go to Alaska in May for 3 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an old post, however I have the same year and model trailer and finally upgrading to LiFePo4 batteries. What mods did you make to accommodate the Lithium setup? How did it all work out? What recommendations can you make based on your experience with that setup?

I am most interested if you had to relocate your converter. The WFCO tech support told me to move my charger/converter out of the lower garage to the front storage to be closer to the battery.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had Solar Jack in Quartsite Arizona install my solar system in Jan 2020. They installed a Magnum MS series (MS 2012) inverter/charger along with a Midnite Classic charge controller and 3 Expion 360 120 amp batteries in the front compartment and 3 solar panels up on the roof. I put some insulation in the compartment and a remote thermostat so I could monitor the temperature in the compartment. I believe I don't use the installed converter because I keep that circuit breaker in the off position.

This year will be the true test of the system because now that the border restrictions have been lightened from covid I'm heading for Alaska on 15 May. I don't run my frig on AC or DC at all (propane only personal preference) and don't run the fire place when I'm on solar. Hope this helps....
    JRW
    2020 Momentum 320G
    F350 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info!

I'll look at the Magnum as a future upgrade
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned