User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    janmaclean

Slide floor above trailer floor

I have a 303 and when the slide with the table and chairs is in the floor is raised so when you stand on the floor the table and chairs bounce because of the space between the two floors. I was wondering if this is normal because if you travel down the road your floor is flexing and your furniture is bouncing all over. The slide comes in top first then the bottom and when the top stops the bottom seems to lift up before it seals. Is my slide that far out of adjustment?

nguyenbio
    Jammaclean,
    Just realized you are in Rancho Cucamonga with a 303. We reside in the same city and have the same identical unit. When did you pick your up?
    As for the slide, what you are describing it totally normal! Don't even worry about it! We should touch bases sometime and compare notes.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd caution you about walking on or sitting in the slide room when it's retracted. You can think of it as an open box laying on it's side...the bottom of the slide room is only fully supported when it's in the extended position.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

janmaclean
    I was not planing to walk or sit on the slide, my concern is when going down a rough highway that all the bouncing will damage the floor and bounce the table and chairs together and cause damage there. I noticed that the table also will hit the island causing more damage. Is there anything that can be done to stop this?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking about placing a piece of carpeting at each end of the slide to better protect the floor when extending/retracting...did this on out last camper. I may also put a piece near the middle as that part of the slide floor is almost touching the floor when the slide is retracted. I secure the chairs to the table with straps and the table is lagged to the floor. I have enough clearance (about an inch) between the table and the island...yours is touching?

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our 337RLS we just stagger our chairs so they don't touch each other or the table, & removed ugly tie down straps. 9 trips and 2,500 miles so far and they have never moved, so I don't think the slideout floor is moving as much as you think while traveling. I didn't believe they would stay still after 6 years of stuff moving around in our old TT. Our sales man told us to try not tieing chairs down when I questioned ugly straps at purchase. I guess the equaflex suspension helps for a smoother ride.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

janmaclean
    I was thinking of a type of wedge to keep it from bouncing, but carpet would save the floor. my table is also about an inch from the island but if you move the slide floor it has enough play that it hits the island so if I place something between the floors it my not hit. Thanks for the reply I hope i can fix this. I my just be over thinking this I just don't want my new trailer to get banged up if I can help it.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We've got 10K miles on our 337. The chairs have never moved and we don't strap them down. We were on some pretty rough roads too, and it didn't make a difference. The table is screwed to the floor, so it's not an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my unit I had an issue with the slide rubbing on the flooring. The dealer informs that there is some kind of threshold that goes across the bottom of the slide out, to act as a bump up and allow space between the flooring in the unit, and the bottom of the slide out. This threshold is not made of a solid material and somehow got compressed allowing the slide out to drag on the floor.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of using carpeting strips between the slides and the floor . . . if they will fit and stay put without bunching up.
    I have seen slight depressions in our floor, aligned with the traveling white rollers on the slides. I asked GD directly about what I could do to help prevent the type of damage that others have encountered . . . and the answer was "schedule a service appointment with your dealer to see if the slides need adjusting".

Our table comes to within 1/4" of the island. I know of one other 303 where the dealer had to move the island to gain clearance to the table. My wife made a quilted cover for the table top and the chair backs so that any contact while travelling will not mark anything. We tie the two chairs on each side of the table to each other (with two of the OE straps removed from the floor) and this seems to be sufficient.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast